Gloss Haters

princesita

Reaction score
by Mac, and I absolutely looooove the look of it.
What are the options for a very brilliant gloss but in a less sticky consistence?

if it is less sticky, it probably won't stay on very long. Glossimers, Lipglass, Bobbi Brown, Juicy Tubes are all sticky, but pretty and my favorites. Maybe go try on some Prescriptives glosses. They have great colors, some new formulas and aren't as sticky.

Im against the whole "Stick pan, greasy olive oil" gloss look...I think is so Alexis Vogel... I believe that lips look better either matte or with a natural gloss provided by a lipbalm :wink:

I personally hate the mac lip gloss...its so sticky... I mean the look is nice..but its terrible if your hair gets in it lol I dont use it too often..but I do have Macs Lip Conditioner ... it gives my lips a wet look (similar to the lip gloss) but without all the sticky.. its in a clear color...so use a nice lipstick and use that on top... :smile:

I haven't tried MAC gloss. I do like Juicy Tubes but only apply a bit because I'm not a fan of sticky glosses either. Just a tiny amount of shine works for me.

Is it the flavour or the consistency of the gloss that he doesn't like? I use clinique lipgloss because it gives my lips a moist look and it's not too sticky. They don't taste all that great though. Body shop lip balms are not sticky and are flavoured, but they don't last very long on your lips.

Originally posted by Missy44x@Apr 20th, 2004 - 11:00 am
I mean the look is nice..but its terrible if your hair gets in it lol
the worst is a windy day, w/ your hair down!

Lipglass has no taste...but it´s really sticky. It kind of stingd when it´s on and it lasts and lasts (with no kisses :( ....

My favourite lipbalm is Kiehl´s and it´s very shiny but lasts less and it´s also kinda sticky.....

A great one is Nuxe´s Reve de Miel,but its not shiny at all. I feel it reconstructs my lips when they´re chapped.

Another GREAT one is NIVEA pink one with a tad of sheen (almost imperceptible)...

But lipglass is unbeatable in shine...I guess it´s a great lipgloss for celibataires!

PS: I agree...lipglass+wind= nightmare

I agree! im not a fan of lipgloss anymore...its really sticky and is very annoying when your hair gets stick to your mouth :yuk:

Originally posted by tealady@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:16 pm
I do like Juicy Tubes but only apply a bit because I'm not a fan of sticky glosses either.
That's what I do! Juicy Tubes is the best... I love the shine and the smells, and if I apply too much I just lick some off because its sweet and tastes good!

Originally posted by Alejandro@Apr 20th, 2004 - 11:58 am
Im against the whole "Stick pan, greasy olive oil" gloss look...I think is so Alexis Vogel... I believe that lips look better either matte or with a natural gloss provided by a lipbalm :wink:
same here.

I personally don't like those super glossy ones that give this nasty glassy look :ninja: they make the lips look weird and as if you just ate something very oily and greasy. a soft glossy shine is nice though.
also, I just hate lipglosses that are too sparkling with a ton of glitters :(

I agree the super-shiny lipgloss thing is played out. What I use for daily maintainence is good, old-fashioned Carmex, and if I want a little color, some Clinique "Black Honey" AlmostLipstick. It is a sheer, tinted lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid that goes on lightly and has enough pigment in it to give your lips a good amount of extra color, but is sheer enough to be versatile for a lot of different skintones. Also, it doesn't dry out your lips like a lot of lipsticks do.

I used to really adore "lip Smackers" lipbalm/glass when I was younger. The Cherry-Cola kind has a nice tint to it, but I am not into scented/flavored products anymore.

Originally posted by MissPurple+Apr 21st, 2004 - 12:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MissPurple @ Apr 21st, 2004 - 12:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Apr 20th, 2004 - 11:58 am
same here.

I personally don't like those super glossy ones that give this nasty glassy look :ninja: they make the lips look weird and as if you just ate something very oily and greasy. a soft glossy shine is nice though.
also, I just hate lipglosses that are too sparkling with a ton of glitters :( [/b][/quote]
count me in, i never went into the gloss lips trip myself,
i find gloss a bit gross and i hate it when hair sticks on lips :sick: :ninja:

since i have quite full lips, i stick with non-drying matte or subtle satin textures.

I believe that satiny finish lipstics I.E. Diorific, it's the best way to go... I normally use a lot of matte lipsticks when I do makeup to customers, and I apply a bit of kiehls balm at the end, blend it well, and it gives this subtle to barely there dewy effect... :wink:

My lips are kind of full too (see avatar) but I find that gloss softens the look a bit more. Matte lipsticks tend to look a bit too harsh/dramatic on me.

i just use rosebud salve everyday :heart: , and my lips look great and not sticky... and really hydrates them too!

3 years ago I was totally obsessed with the extremely glossy lips look......! But I've been toning it down lately and only use a tiny amount of Mac clear lipglass on my lips. And I get really mad my hair sticks on too it... ...that's why when I wear a bit more of gloss, I tie my hair up....

I think that the best gloss option for you is a lipbalm. They're really slightly "shiny" and not sticky! :flower:

non sticky glosses are Esteé Lauder Pure Color Glosses (at least my Liquid Prism ones) or L'Oreal Glam Shine, but, as said, they don't last very long...

i bought loads of Sephora Girls lip glosses when i was in Paris i love them they are so juicy and only one euro for two if i remember right:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->