Holiday/Festive Makeup

I'm not really into full-on looks, esp not for Christmas...I usually don't even wear makeup in the holidays :lol: And I really dislike the Danish Christmas parties, it's all about getting drunk and I hate the traditional Danish food (green cabbage cooked to death with cinnamon and sugar, anyone?)

BUT this look is so gorgeous...really understated, but very very pretty:
nitrolicious.com

I want to pull this off. Very holiday-y. Not what Erin has in mind, but something that'd really blow people away the longer you're inside. They wonder, "How cold is it in here?" :lol:

Chanel FW 2007

wk0m7c.png
s66fd5.png

style.com

loonaka - you have gorgeous skin. :heart: And really, that lip color is SO striking on you.

CaitlinC, LOVE it. A smokey eye is so pretty. Sometimes I wish my hair wasn't so light, as I think people with darker hair pull off dark eyes beautifully.

papa_levante: How interesting!!! Gorgeous. Yes, "festive" makeup doesn't have to be all sparkly. I just have a particular obsession with it. :blush:

1209-festive-makeup-4-de.jpg

marie-claire

princess-blue-makeup.jpg

eyeshadowlipstick.com

17-Glittery-Eyes-Katy-Perry-RETNA.jpg

elle.com

Beautiful. Thanks for that, tifa. :flower: Very inspiring looks! :blush:

Thank you guys for your nice comments^^
I do think I'll wear a more glittery for parties tho:wink:

Can anyone recommend a Christmas-y red nail polish? I am struggling to find the perfect shade for this festive season!

^ Silken Cord by Essie is a beautiful shade of red...

738.jpg

essie.com

^ me toooooo but its SO dang hard to get in Oz!! poo!

mmm festive makeup in my country means the exactly opposite of everywhere else, whilst you can sport pretty pale skin and gorgeous copper eyes and plummy or red lips...

we are sweating to death! lol

So to me Australian festive makeup is all about pretty natural, tanned sheer dewy makeup. Minimal on the eyes, maybe a beige or bronze eye wash and nude lips or just sheer cherry or strawberry lip balms and rosey cheeks!

This is my summer makeup inspiration
masl03_dewy.jpg

feefeern.wordpress.com

helena-christensen.png

trendoriginal.com

amd_christensen.jpg

nydailynews.com

e-gall-haydenpanettiere-cce.jpg

cocktailsdetails.com

20090908_kza_kb2_543.jpg

louloumagazine.com

^^ Absolutely. Sometimes a nice glow does the trick. :blush:

Can anyone recommend a Christmas-y red nail polish? I am struggling to find the perfect shade for this festive season!
OPI for Sephora has pretty color called Merry Me for their Holiday collection. It's a beautiful cranberry color.

Essie at Myer....well i never! Bourke St, Melb Myer? hmm i hope so!

I shall go tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->