Good Runway Music?

if you wanna be different, then i wouldnt go for any of the BUDDHA BARs , COSTES, LOVERDOSEPARIS, etc

they are good, i admit. but they are to be heard all around the world. in every hotel, restaurant, lounge that IS or tries to be cool. :rolleyes:

so i would def go for somehting else :wink:
just my 2 cents :innocent:

Originally posted by brian+Jan 25th, 2004 - 5:45 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 5:45 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-strawberry daiquiri@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:43 am
Another one would be Hole's 'Celebrity Skin' :woot:
That's been done way too many times... [/b][/quote]
Really? I thought I had just made a discovery, oh well :innocent:

Not necessarily on topic of the whole Heaven theme, but maybe Mogwai? Like "take me somewhere nice".... If you can't find it to download- PM me and I can send it to you.

I'm dabbling in remixing music. I could probably come up with some type of mix for you if you like. Just pm me. I'm working on music for a show at my school. It's for a video journalism class and I wanted to do a fashion show because it seems fun to do. But just pm me :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 25th, 2004 - 12:32 pm
I also think the music from Moulin Rouge is fantastic for runway shows. My sister used the Indian/Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend song from the movie's play for her grade nine fashion show. It worked really well! B)
that would be really cool :woot:

For a fun feel, many of the songs from Dimitri From Paris' album "Sacrebleu" would be perfect. "Love Love Mode" is really light and cute!

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 25th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
For a fun feel, many of the songs from Dimitri From Paris' album "Sacrebleu" would be perfect. "Love Love Mode" is really light and cute!
How about the Dimitri from Paris song that goes "I am a very stylish girl" :P

Originally posted by foxinthesnow+Jan 25th, 2004 - 7:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(foxinthesnow @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 7:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Jan 25th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
How about the Dimitri from Paris song that goes "I am a very stylish girl" :P [/b][/quote]
It's called Une Very Stylish Fille.
Another suggestion is the "F*ck Me I'm Famous" cd..its really upbeat!

I like "Une Very Stylish Fille" a lot. However, I imagine it must be very overdone on the runway.

Originally posted by tiffany+Jan 25th, 2004 - 8:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffany @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 8:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Jan 25th, 2004 - 12:32 pm
I also think the music from Moulin Rouge is fantastic for runway shows. My sister used the Indian/Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend song from the movie's play for her grade nine fashion show. It worked really well! B)
that would be really cool :woot: [/b][/quote]
It was.... :P

Originally posted by Jiscilla@Jan 25th, 2004 - 11:51 am
...it's inspiration is based on "Heaven." It almost has a little bit of a Victoria's Secret feel with a lot of the transparent/sheer fabrics I'm using. I'm using Double-face Silk Satin, Italian Organza, and Chiffon. Everything is in an off-white, with feathers used in each piece.

Now, I really like stuff that is upbeat even though my collection is a little bit delicate.
My suggestion is either Spanish guitar music for a more upbeat feel or new age (like this, for example) for something blissful. I think both will compliment your collection, going by your description.

Everyone else is going to be using house/dance music, besides your collection is Garden of Eden, not Twilo (RIP) at 7:30am. Stay away from pop too because it'll be harder to coordinate everyone walking in on cue.

Both Spanish guitar and the kind of new age I'm thinking of won't put the audience to sleep. Also, it's consistent enough to give you the 10 or 12 or 15 mins you need to show your stuff. I think the audience will pay attention. Furthermore, a lot of this music can just be sequenced so you don't have to worry about mixing.

I know you said not Eastern-sounding. Check this out, there's a bit of wailing to it, sure, but has enough seduction to keep things interesting. Listen here.

Choose music that people wouldn't expect to here that, as well goes with your collection. Be a standout. :flower:

Fashion Week2 is a good all around fashion ruwnay music compilation, i would say any thing Viva la Fete or electro,( especially french)

btu all so you have to think about teh mood of tehs how, for instance if teh collection is 1950's inspired I would play house, I would play 50's music or some thing ambiant

try skylark by kd lang for the finale
then a heaven themed show wd be nice with neptunes beats try nas angels i like its arabic vibe.also some old school michael jackson and prince(the most beautiful girl in the world remember it?) or george michael

OT Atelier
Have they opened up something in place of Twilo?
:sigh: memories, in the corner of my mind,memories..... :smile:

And back on the topic
the collection sounds very romantic....why not try a nice Spanish Guitar...Armik

Try the Postal Service maybe? They have some really neat beats but a very laid back style that'd be kind of nice for the theme. Hmm...I wonder if there is a remix or cover of the song "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"? Just a thought.

HELLO, THIS IS VERY A INTERESTING TOPIC! ALL I CAN SUGGEST ARE KISSING BY BLISS AND LOVE IN DECEMBER BY CLUB 8. YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR LOUNGE MUSIC, TO BE SAFE TRY THE HED KANDI COLLECTION, THE WINTER OR BACK TO LOVE RELEASES. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE I WAS USEFUL!

esthero, talking heads, massive attack, prince, ladytron, delerium, the rapture

maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->