Child-friendly Music?

s9m0n1

Reaction score
Just a Question...

Hello, my name is Oana and I'm 18 years old.
I'm attending some fashion design classes and we're doing a show dedicated to children aged between 4 and 10 years.
The clothes are pretty simple, but cute and colourful, we used polka dots and mini flowers as patterns.
I was just wondering what kind of music to use, what particular songs, as it's not a proper collection but a collective work and there's no music that inspired us, as it's a kids line. I thought of "I feel pretty" from "West Side Story" but...I don't like it very much.
I'd apreciate any kind of help.
Thank you very very much.

O

bonjour oana and welcome to TFS. ^_^

I think you might get some responses with a more specific title for the thread.. do you have any suggestions?.. how about "children-friendly music".. that's the one on top of my head but it might be a bad one, I know :lol: .

Hello, my name is Oana and I'm 18 years old.
I'm attending some fashion design classes and we're doing a show dedicated to children aged between 4 and 10 years.
The clothes are pretty simple, but cute and colourful, we used polka dots and mini flowers as patterns.
I was just wondering what kind of music to use, what particular songs, as it's not a proper collection but a collective work and there's no music that inspired us, as it's a kids line. I thought of "I feel pretty" from "West Side Story" but...I don't like it very much.
I'd apreciate any kind of help.
Thank you very very much.

Thanks MulletProof for the advice! :flower:

How about the Beatles? A lot of their best-known songs are pretty benign: "Penny Lane," "Yellow Submarine," "Here Comes the Sun," that kind of thing.

Jack Johnson comes to mind...

Listen to early Barbara Streisand. She did a lot of kid oriented songs in the beginning of her recording career. Good luck! :flower: Oh, maybe Shirley Temple?

i used to take care of a bunch of after school kids
and they really (surprisingly) loved
Devendra Banhart one of his songs: 'At The Hop' in particular.
and alot Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
something with a pastel bouncy step suits children pretty well.

then again anything that allows them to go crazy and dance all over the place usually does the job of being child oriented. imo.

le tigre, explosions in the sky and 'nature anthem' by grandaddy

Lemon Jelly, the song "Nice Weather for Ducks" specifically. Can't go wrong with some Architecture in Helsinki either.
city girl said:
explosions in the sky
EitS is okay but it often builds up to something heavy and maybe a bit too somber and depressing for kids.

Thanks very much for your suggestions! I really really apreciate it!

lilly allen's music is rather playful...........kiddin...hehehe!!!

Well try I love candy....by that guy whose brother was a backstreet boy also what a wonderful world by nat king cole

Does it have to be childlike music? There's Dorothée who sings in French
and try France Gall, Chantal Goya from the 60s--they have songs on myspace too

Oh! Music of the Spheres by Gustav Holtz and you can teach them about the planets! :flower:

oh there was an article in one of my fave music mag some time ago...the article was called "Let the Children boogie" ... so here are the CD's (compilations) mentioned in the article:

Singing in the Streets: Scottish Children's Song
Rhythms of Childhood - Ella Jenkins
Soothing Sounds for Baby - Raymond Scott
Fuzzy-Felt Folk
Barbapoux - Dragibus
Punk Rock Baby
Music for Children
Childish Music
Reggae for Kids
See you on the Moon
Colours are brighter - Songs for Children and Grown ups too
Songs for the young at heart

hope this helps...u should find a song list for every cd when u search on amazon :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->