GOSSIP:I'm A Celebrity - Let Me Design For You

luxmode said:
I agree...it makes me ill :sick: :sick: :yuk:
Same here. Strange how this type of thing can actually make you feel sick...

Faust is correct, of course.

hold on to your pasties...Lil' Kim is launching a clothing line too!!

The pint-sized, Grammy-winning rapper said Wednesday she will launch Hollyhood, a collection of women’s tops, denim and activewear to debut at MAGIC in Las Vegas in February. Soon after, she will introduce a higher-end, limited-edition better line under the same name.

Those expecting her to get her fashion freak on — à la her well-publicized blinged-out, pasty-popping red carpet getups of yore — will be disappointed. Though she says, “The collection will be 100 percent me,” Lil’ Kim is going strictly retail-ready. “I’m going to take runway-inspired fashion and turn it into a quality, affordable product for my fashionable consumers,” she said, speaking from the set of her reality TV show for VH1 here. “I’m not looking to redesign another sweatsuit or bubble coat.”

The line is named in reference to her two favorite things: her Brooklyn Bed-Stuy neighborhood and classic Hollywood style. “My collection combines Hollywood glamour with city chic.” She’s hoping to snag the attention of such stores as Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdale’s for in-store boutiques.

“I did not want to rush into the fashion industry until I felt that I had the right team behind me,” she said.

Hollyhood’s ideal target customer ranges from ages 16 to 35. “That’s a very large demo,” admitted Shorter. “But we’re addressing that in our two-tier distribution plan.” Thus the more accessible collection of trendy pieces, which will retail from $35 to $200, and then the more exclusive high-end line, which will run from $74 to $2,000.

Mossberg hinted that Lil’ Kim might call in a few favors from her vast group of celebrity friends to help with limited-edition pieces. While he’s keeping mum about particulars, he offered, “I wouldn’t be surprised to see who’ll be contributing to Hollyhood down the line.”

Which begs the question: Could Jacobs be a future collaborator?

Maybe, maybe not. But for now, he’s a valued creative guide for the new designer. “He will be one of the first people I plan on showing the collection to for an honest opinion,” said Lil’ Kim.
now, i'm officially going to be sick :sick:

OMG, Lil' Kim too!?!?!?!?, the worst is that people here think J Lo's stuff is "hot". My goodness, I had this salesperson trying to convince me that since Jennifer's style was "neat" her clothing line was without a doubt "cool".

I am gonna throw up.

First of all, I can't believe that anyone would even bother to LOOK at lil Kims clothing, or even consider buying such crap.

Second of all, who the hell thinks she dresses good enough to design her own clothing!

Save the planet earth!!! aaauggghh!!

Here's the article from today's WWD about the J.Lo show:

If Jennifer Lopez is looking for street cred in the fashion biz, she’s on her way. Her collection, JLo by Jennifer Lopez, the once logo-driven urbanwear label, will make its mark during 7th on Sixth’s Olympus Fashion Week in Manhattan’s Bryant Park in February. This is the first time Lopez, designer of the fall-winter collection, has participated in 7th on Sixth festivities — as a designer, that is. This signifies a turning point for the label, which seeks to mimic the glamorous and sophisticated Lopez of today, and less of the hip-hop Lopez of yesteryear.

This is depressing.

Its so pathetic to be a celebrity these days. "Oh my God - people are starting to forget my name. What can I do?!" - Obviously a pluasible reason to make clothes huh?

*rolls eyes*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->