Emma Watson To Design

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
catwalk queen.tv

Hot off the heels from her modelling debut for Burberry, comes the news that Emma Watson is designing a fashion line of her own.

Of course, it's all just a rumour at this stage, but NOTW is reporting that she is creating her own range for teenagers.

Not only that, she is also said to be planning to donate all the proceeds to children's charity, UNICEF.

"She's been getting advice from her fashion designer pals like Karl Lagerfeld," a source told the newspaper.

While that all sounds very generous and not at all like the usual celebrity fashion route, I'm not counting my chickens just yet... Having said that, I'm sure any fashion range endorsed by the Harry Potter starlet would sell like hotcakes.

-_- Aw, boo.

A spokesperson for Emma Watson has denied that she is planning a fashion range.
Her rep told PEOPLE that reports of a forthcoming clothing line were simply "not true".
News of the World first broke the news that the Harry Potter star was creating her own collection aimed at teenagers. They even quoted a source who said she was seeking advice from her pals including Karl Lagerfeld.
Disappointing? Yes. But never say never...
catwalkqueen.tv

Or maybe not. :shifty:

From low end to high end, Emma Watson (the 19-year-old Harry Potter star) has been generating quite the buzz of her own. Besides being seen schmoozing with Daphne Guinness, she has been photographed by Karl Lagerfeld, and attended a dinner for Rodarte. Most recently, the starlette was picked by Burberry to be the face of their latest campaign, shot by Mario Testino. Now the word is that Watson is in the process of creating her own range of apparel for teens. All profits for the clothing line will reportedly go to UNICEF, and Karl Lagerfel has supposedly helped the design neophyte by giving her advice.

:rolleyes:

Emma Watson on celebrity fashion lines: “I’m really not interested in doing it for my own ego. I’m not a designer. If someone asked me to do something that was beneficial to a cause, then maybe I’d consider it, but not just [to be able to say] ‘Look at me! I’ve got my own line!' [It’s] gotten so ridiculous. The idea of making my own perfume makes me want to vomit.”
WWD.com

^ Vomit ... gracious. I don't think that would sell very well either ... :unsure:

I guess it isnt true, if so, then Emma would have confirmed it. Or at least other fansites would have posted this. She gave clothes to Unicef and blabla thats true. But i think she was never planning on designing an own clothing line -if so i would like that but i guess it is just not true- she is soo busy already - University in USA, Harry Potter 7 - soo i really doubt this.

^ I wonder if she'll continue while she's in college. She's going to Columbia I think?

I've gotta say, I'm glad she's not designing. The celebrity lines were getting a little ridiculous. Twenty8Twelve and Elizabeth and James are fine, but they way everyone and their mother was doing collaborations with mega-stores? Not thanks.

She is going to attend Brown University instead of Columbia. :flower:

I would love to see Emma be in fashion, but having her own line wouldn't be a good idea. Her outfits and her eye for fashion is spectacular, and I would love to see her exercise it.

Just because someone dresses well doesn't make them a potentially good designer, though. I'd rather see someone who has worked hard at design school and studied fashion etc to get their own line than someone just using their name.

^ agree. Like when Justin Timberlake came out with a line. And Lauren Conrad. I mean come on, don't just throw it out there just because you have the name and power. Let someone else who actually has talent do it.

:judge: What are we supposed to believe? MAKE IT STOP! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Rumors of Emma Watson designing a clothing line were hard to believe when they surfaced in June. They were even harder to believe after she told WWD a few weeks ago, when asked about designing her own line, "I’m really not interested in doing it for my own ego. I’m not a designer. If someone asked me to do something that was beneficial to a cause, then maybe I’d consider it, but not just [to be able to say] ‘Look at me! I’ve got my own line!' [It’s] gotten so ridiculous." But the rumors are back in the news! This time the British press has Emma designing a line of ethical teen clothes for fair-trade company People Tree. A source told the Daily Mail Emma was "keen to branch out" from acting and influential brands are interested in her since she became the face of Burberry. Of course they are — she's 19, fabulous, well spoken, college bound, plays a witch, and has no attitude.
The new batch of rumors sounds completely made-up, and we sure hope it is, because the very principle goes against everything we know and love about Emma. As our fashion soul sister, we are trusting her not to let us down by pretending to design things for people to wear. Yet, she is a celebrity, and when it comes to launching clothing lines, none of them can be trusted.
nymag.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->