GOSSIP:Showboating At The VMAS

Noufa

Reaction score
Competition at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards is heating up, but it has nothing to do with collecting a Moon Man statue. Since the ceremony is in Miami, the stars have the option of arriving by boat, a nifty photo-op that has touched off a status war among the image-conscious musical elite, reports the New York Daily News. "Everybody's fighting about who's going to have the bigger boat," an insider tells the paper. "Puffy [Combs] just rented a 100-foot yacht, and supposedly now MTV is, like, 'You can't have a bigger boat than Usher, because Usher wants the biggest boat.'"

It's hardly surprising that Usher wants a more ostentatious yacht than his mentor -- he's made no secret of his love of the finest things in life. "I wear expensive jewelry, drive a big car, and when I feel like treating myself to something, I do it," the chart-topper tells the London Mirror. "I only buy designer clothes. I have one pair of jeans that cost $7,000." :rolleyes:

$7000 jeans?
*cough*nouveau riche/attention wh*re*cough*

PS I forgot an IDIOT! in between the coughs, but I'm beyond that :rolleyes: :P

$7000... :shock: I'm thinking of how many good things I could buy with that amount of money.

psht. i'm gonna be busy watching the olympic closing ceremonies...i'll have to catch the VMAs during one of its 50million re-airs

i'm sure showing of one's boats will lead to some very nice after parties and will be the only reason some of the artists show up at all...let's remember the starting price for many pairs of customized levi's is over fifteen hundred bucks so seven thousand dollar jeans in our self-proclaimed season of embellishment isn't out-of-the-question

Evisu sells their limited edition sh!te for stupid prices like that - I saw a pair for £3000.

um, a pair of jeans for 7,000 ? :blink: Stupid prices sell to brainless idiots. That's the way it goes.

forget the $7g jeans, what about the fact that USHER has GOT to have the largest boat? I swear, celebs sometimes, their demands. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Erin@Aug 27 2004, 10:47 AM
forget the $7g jeans, what about the fact that USHER has GOT to have the largest boat? I swear, celebs sometimes, their demands. :rolleyes:
[snapback]347017[/snapback]​

the bigger the boat, the smaller the...um, well... :innocent:

The fact that he has to crow about his owning a pair of $7000 jeans shows what a classless, tacky dolt he is. So sick of that ***hole.

Usher is way better than Puffy. Usher has this thing called talent while Puffy has these things called buck teeth and an over inflated ego. :innocent:

Plus Usher is way hotter! He deserves the bigger boat! :flower:

Originally posted by SCBlondie@Aug 27 2004, 06:30 AM
Are they diamond embelished jeans? :blink:
[snapback]346884[/snapback]​
:rofl: thats what i was thinking too! damn celebrity egos :censored:
anyway..i know i shouldnt BUT, i really like pdiddy over usher

usher made himself out to sound like a complete twat amoun other things

and for the record, the whole 'yea yea' thing got boring after 1 week :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 28 2004, 04:13 PM
usher made himself out to sound like a complete twat amoun other things

and for the record, the whole 'yea yea' thing got boring after 1 week :rolleyes:
[snapback]348331[/snapback]​
agreed :lol:

i read Usher said that he wouldn't want to be a president of the US cuz he wouldn't want to live in a smaller house than he does right now. . .

Perhaps they were designer jeans to begin with that had been customized at Chrome Hearts. Where pricing begins at $1100.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 27 2004, 11:14 AM
the bigger the boat, the smaller the...um, well... :innocent:
[snapback]347047[/snapback]​

:lol: :lol: Good one :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"