GQ France February 2021 by Elizaveta Porodina

Benn98

Reaction score
First full-fledged redesign under Olivier Lalanne. Let's just put it this way, Will Welch will have sleepless nights and no amount of CBD oil will help him. Sure he uses CBD oil.

Simon Porte Jacquemus

Roschdy Zem

Ichon

Making Simon look unattractive is a massive achievement, congratulations! Why does he look so pouty? Ridiculous.
The other two are better. I like the cohesiveness between the covers and Elizaveta's photography, but I doubt I'll remember any of these in two weeks time... perhaps if I was more familiar with the subjects.

Also don't know the other two blokes, but the second cover reminds me of Bogart. Something very 40s noir protagonist about that cover. It's the only one I like.

The Jacquemus one is ruined by that pout! At least it's better than his usual fckby schtick which I know many on here actually find attractive.

Did they just CGI him into Ricky Martin???

As for the covers, it's already moreaesthetic pleasing then the US edition. At least the EIC seem to be trying.

Anybody who tries to shake-up the expected formulas of French magazines gets my attention!
I'm here for this! Much more than for Kristen looking like your boring Parisienne on the cover of VF.

These are all very nice. The lighting is very dramatic without overpowering the subjects. I actually don’t find Jacquemus unattractive here. Would 100% still ride him :brows:.

Can't remember what the previous GQ France was like, so anything new will be good to see. Glad they got Jacquemus for the revamp, but that is not the best picture of him.

Jacquemus trying to appear as a dom top is his choice not GQ... imo. The other two covers have lovely colors. At least, it is not dull and unimaginative. The content was quite nice. They changed the fashion director too.
He is not a dom top? Hahaha joking....i like the covers, it is a good refresh....

who is the fashion direcfor now?

He is not a dom top? Hahaha joking....i like the covers, it is a good refresh....

who is the fashion direcfor now?

I think it's more that people want him to he a dom top, lol

The new fashion director is Azza Yousif. Thank God Ylias Nacer is no longer.

^ Ylias was lazy and not thrilled by his job. Never been. Really one of the disappointments after being assistant of Anastasia Barbieri... Anyway, Azza feels motivated, has something clear in mind with Olivier. So we'll see.

I just think there is a room for a french men's magazine which can be very nice, fashion and luxurious yet appealing to a large audience.

^ Ylias was lazy and not thrilled by his job. Never been. Really one of the disappointments after being assistant of Anastasia Barbieri... Anyway, Azza feels motivated, has something clear in mind with Olivier. So we'll see.

I just think there is a room for a french men's magazine which can be very nice, fashion and luxurious yet appealing to a large audience.

I LOVE the new direction. It has a point of view, stylish, and very mature, and if I have to encapsulate it in one, very generic word - chic! It's giving me flashed of Fantastic Man in the early days. I'm sure many of the existing GQ readers will start drifting away because it no longer caters to them but as with any new direction or EIC....it just is what it is.

GQ France February 2021

Roschdy Zem

Photographer: Elizaveta Porodina
Set Designer:
Stylist: Azza Yousif
Hair: Naomi Regan
Makeup: Samira Goyette
Cast: Roschdy Zem

GQ France Digital Edition

GQ France February 2021

Ichon

Set Designer:
Cast: Ichon

GQ France February 2021

Simon Porte Jacquemus

Set Designer:
Cast: Simon Porte Jacquemus

GQ France February 2021

Hotel Particulier

Photographer: Scott Trindle
Hair: Karim Belghiran
Makeup: Aya Murai
Cast: Erik van Gils

GQ France February 2021

Major Blazer

Photographer: Laetitia Hotte
Stylist: James V. Thomas
Cast: Ludovic Fontanel

Love the dreamy/surreal result from Elizaveta. Also she's very low key compared to other photographers, no major brands work so far... what's wrong?

Love the dreamy/surreal result from Elizaveta. Also she's very low key compared to other photographers, no major brands work so far... what's wrong?

Noticed that as well, if she should book something it would probably be Armani. I think that would be a great fit.

But maybe she's still building up to that. Her visual direction is fairly new and quite unique so I understand why some brands are reluctant.

^^^ I’m pretty sure this frothy, pastel-saccharine, fuzzy dreaminess is all she’s got. It's pretty but I'm already tired of it.

“Hotel Particular” is solid. Surprised it’s by Scott since his (lack of) style is so bold and distinctive here. It’s very much that brand of 70s YSL masculinity. And more than anything, the blocky, butchy typography and art direction is very solid: It’s very appropriately— and finally, gentlemanly again at GQ France, and not a bunch of kids playing dressup.

(I don’t get the thirst for this Jacquemus person… He’s not particularly talented as a women's designer; and his menswear is inexcusably abysmal. And on a purely superficial level, he’s just the average gay at a bar with some scruff. If he were particularly funny/witty/clever, I’d get it…. Are gays thirsting for him because he’s BFF with the Kardashians???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->