Gucci Menswear S/S 2025 Milan

I agree with everyone here that it makes no sense to get rid of AM in order to build a more ‘traditional’ offer for men and then replace it with this. It’s not even bad, just doesn’t make much sense, especially considering his womens collections, which seem more classic and grown-up than this juvenile surfer stuff.
I still think he’s a capable designer but this clearly lacks in an overall vision.

Rewatching this Gucci show for the 2nd time, Sabato's offering is more sincere than Miuccia and Raf!
These clothes although basic with no real identity, they are actual clothes people can wear and the loose shapes will fit a lot of different bodies. The current Prada men are too tight or too short, their faux intellectualism is very pretentious and unwearable.

DOLPHIN AND SURFER PRINTS?! Excuse me? Is this a children's collection? He really aimed for a Prada type of irony, but only landed at the junior version. He said he wanted to play with colors, yet he chose the safest possible combinations. I wish he would have thought more about tailoring. Everything is so big and boxy, it doesn't help that the little shorts exaggerate that shape. The pants we did get are too frumpy to really be viable. There isn't enough variety and it's repetitive overall. It doesn't look luxe. My money will be better spent at D&G and Zegna.

Rewatching this Gucci show for the 2nd time, Sabato's offering is more sincere than Miuccia and Raf!
These clothes although basic with no real identity, they are actual clothes people can wear and the loose shapes will fit a lot of different bodies. The current Prada men are too tight or too short, their faux intellectualism is very pretentious and unwearable.
I disagree. If we want basic clothes with no real identity, we have Gap. These pieces aren’t even marketable to most men. He is aliening tons of potential customers with those shorts. The water shoes are grotesque. The trousers with the split pleat? Absolutely abysmal. I’d choose Prada any day of the week over Gucci non grata

I disagree. If we want basic clothes with no real identity, we have Gap. These pieces aren’t even marketable to most men. He is aliening tons of potential customers with those shorts. The water shoes are grotesque. The trousers with the split pleat? Absolutely abysmal. I’d choose Prada any day of the week over Gucci non grata

Personally, I will choose neither now because both ain't worth my hard-earned money with their current quality; but if I really have to and purely based on clothing and not brand image, Gucci men over Prada men in 2025.
Agree to disagree but Gap isn't that colourful and fashionable.
This Gucci men’s collection is more like a better-made JWxUniqlo collab or a more deluxe of Supreme!
If new Miu Miu can be rich people's Uniqlo, why can't Gucci men be rich people's nice basic wardrobe?
What Miuccia and Raf offered the other day was extremely unflattering and difficult to wear, tight and really uncomfortable. I got second-hand embarrassment when I saw that blue button up shirt above!
If you're that rich who can afford these designer clothes, why would you purchase Prada men to make your life more difficult just to make their fashion statement? At least one can sit, lounge, party, travel comfortably in Gucci men

Supreme Spring 2023
spring-summer2023-sequin-stripe-zip-polo-0-front.jpg

I'd choose Prada solely because I want to see Kering (sans YSL) collapse on itself.
Pretty sure the reflection they gave off even provided the lighting for the show, alongside his forehead.

All I can say is that I feel the need to use the f word…
New set design ideas for Mr Betak.

I want him to stay just for the dancing queen memes. He never fails to bring the cringe. Bless him.

(I can feel the Gucci team standing there just cringing in unison every time he’s dancing his little heart out like Molly Shanon’s Mary Katherine Gallagher.)

Tbh, it's what Kering deserves at this point. They threw out Alessandra Facchinetti after 2 shows even though she was really doing a decent job after Tom left, repeated the same with Frida (albeit 10 years later) and let Michele turn the brand into a circus bazaar, then they realized people are moving on from his everything-but-the-kitchen-sink nostalgia and decided to go cold turkey. Well, there they have it.. literal bits of cold turkey in shorts and printed shirts. 😅 When you keep asking for more, at some point you get less. And that is also what we as spectators should do regarding Gucci - give them less attention (and no money ofc).

I think it gets to a point where a fashion brand can’t grow any more in a sustainable way. They exploited Gucci and this guy has the most difficult task on Earth (fashion wise).

It’s crazy they are asking for 20%/30% rises in these big brands vs LY… The greediness is next level.

The fashion business and the mindset of the CEOs need to change if they want healthy and stable companies.

I’m the first one laughing at Sabato because the vibes I get from him are quite… negative, but the place where he is… is just so difficult.

I guess he did a portfolio, showed his vision… I just can’t get why the bosses said yes to it. It’s just the void. There’s no image whatsoever, no direction, no substance. It’s all a nonsense. But oh well, this is Kering and this is 2024.

Yes, but nobody's buying Prada's runway pieces en masse, most of them head to the outlets anyway. They're buying the resort and casual wear that's inspired by the seasonal collections. Like with this Gucci collection, I know those sequined rugby shirts will be a tough sell in the stores, however "wearable" it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->