Gucci Mens S/S 11 Milan

I love the suits and cardigan. Not too keen on the leather and python jackets tho..also the denim shirt is out

i'd say 'improvement' but compared to what she was trying to sell us just 2 years back, ANYTHING would have been an improvement.

very decent, very wearable, i like the atmosphere, she's still pushing the skinny pants tho, a more relaxed cut would have improved things a lot.

i don't feel that it causes me any revulsion, so it's good, right? :lol:

really nice pieces here and there too!

Oh God. Frida's going back to the Classic Gucci era. I don't hate this, but I hate the direction they're taking their menswear to. What happened to the playful, boho, Magnum P.I. collections of hers? Thumbs down.

It's very conservative for a S/S collection, no?
I like it. I don't hate it or love it. I like it. lol

What only 3 posts?
Oh yeah everybody is drooling over Scrubs Prada nerd :rolleyes:

Looking at some of these pieces, they're certainly justified.

After seeing the two first looks I thought I wouldn't hate it this time. After seeing the whole thing I know I do.

There has been alot of Denim in the menswear this season...i like alot of this except the knitted jumper (as i think it looks out of place) and the Denim.

is this a new collection?

nothing is interesting.

:lol: Why is this woman even allowed to design still????? What powerful devil-mafia did she make a pact with that she's thriving yet a house like Ferre is struggling?!?!?

I'm torn. I really liked her Fall collection and thought it was a vast improvement over the pseudo-trendy hipster s*** she's been shoving down everybody's throat since she took over the menswear. It was mature, as in it looked made by an adult for an adult. Above all else though it was honest. It wasn't trying to be anything more than what it was, nice clothes.

But this season, even though the formula's the same, the result is different. I don't mind that it's really paired down, but whatever personality this collection is trying to put forth is really muffled. Still, it's a hell of a lot better (and a hell of a lot more Gucci) than some of the garbage she's had the nerve to market towards men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to like it, but... it just doesn't appeal to me. It's not sexy. Not especially fresh. Not in any way innovative. Idk, blah.

Frida tries to pull off a pseudo Tom Ford and while some looks are fine , over all it ends up being boring because she put her signature frida crap.

Its a bit of an improvement from past collections. I really like the tailored 4 pocket jackets, but thats about it

I generally like Frida's version of Gucci and as much as I like the typical Frida Giannini for Gucci-wears (the patterns and silhouette), this collection seemed off. Maybe it lacked a unique-ness that past collections have had.

I quite liked her S/S10 collection but overall, I think she does best with A/W.

00060h20100621165555932.jpg
00250h20100621165237506.jpg

summer boy hair
gucci feeling good

menstyle.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back