Gucci Pre-Fall 2010 : Raquel Zimmermann and Joan Smalls by Mert & Marcus

First shot is nice. But on the second shot Raquel looks scary IMO :ninja: I dislike the make-up at all.

Two girls on the hood of a car putting on an orgasm face, how original. :lol: I must give props to Gucci for using a black girl in their campaign, though! The coloring looks nice, but that's really about it. And is it just me or is there something off about the background in the first shot? It looks strange to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is by Mert & Marcus, isn't it? The first photo has so much photoshop that it almost looks three-dimensional. :rolleyes:

There is something off about these pictures, like they are two or three shots away from getting it right. The one with guy is acceptable because there is more right than wrong in the shot, but the other one is not working, although I really like Raquel's dress.

Joan looks great and dare I say better than Raquel, I don't mean just as a person but as a model. Kudos Gurrl, you runnin' with the big dawgs!

ETA:
This is by Mert & Marcus, isn't it? The first photo has so much photoshop that it almost looks three-dimensional. :rolleyes:
Someone else mentioned Mert & Marcus, if they were hired for this gig, they must've let their interns shoot it - and not even their experienced ones.

Well I actually love the first image, it's the best thing I've seen from Gucci in ages. Joan and Raquel work wonders together...we'll see how the final final F/W product ends up.

So this is actually Pre-Fall? and the FW mainline is Raquel on her own? Or is their hope for Natasha?
Regardless this is gorgeous. Gucci continues to raise the bar with their campaigns.

Someone else mentioned Mert & Marcus, if they were hired for this gig, they must've let their interns shoot it - and not even their experienced ones.

Yes, it definitely looks shot by them. Photoshop is the course of fashion photography right now, I can't stand it! It ruins almost everything. I just can't understand how such important brands publish pictures with that awful digital retouch, it's annoying!

This campaign does nothing for me despite of Raquel...

Thank god this is Pre-fall because having the location at Rome would not make sense at all.

This looks so freaking fantastic! I love the colors, especially the shot with sand in the background. I agree that there is too much retouching, especially for two models that really don't need it - but that's how it was for the SS campaign too

are we sure this is pre-fall or is it just speculation? might they continue to use the same girls for the mainline campaign anyways?

It's a little dull, but if it's just Pre-Fall then I really don't mind. And seeing Joan in these just makes me so happy! Great to see some new faces getting work with brands like Gucci (as in brands who like to use the same model(s) again and again... and again.)

oh nice to read it's not for the main campain ...
anyway, it makes more sense to see two women having an orgasm and enjoying the last sunset for pre-fall collections, than having the same scene when the leafs have already fallen in north countries ...

the styling looks pretty nice !

geez i'm surprised to like this a little ..

It looks very good. Love the colours.

Thankfully this is just pre-fall, and not necessarily an indication of what the main campaign will be. It's nice enough, but it's pretty basic and totally predictable M&M. It's also a little too plastic-y.

The boys had better bring it when the F/W campaign drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->