Gucci S/S 2007 : Freja Beha Erichsen and Milana Bogolepova by Craig McDean

Reminding me of the campaign with Natasha Poly, but with European boys instead of Brazilian, as well as the red background. I gotta say I like this one, especially without Snejana.

Im crazy for it. I love this collection and the whole 70s folk vibe of the ads!

I am so in love with Freja now. I didn't get her for a while but now I totally do! :wub:

I'm not too impressed with the ads so far, actually :huh: Disappointing, because I really enjoyed their Fall 2006 ads.

There is a new Gucci ad in the February issue of Vanity Fair. If someone can scan the ad, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Summer of love*Kip Brannegan voice ...Gucci's been creativesince Frida et. al. have jumped in.

I love Freja and I love McDean, but this is not glamourous or new enough for Gucci. The way the models are lying down is too similar to a Valentino Red campaign (one of Valentino's diffusion lines) for which Anja and Nataliya Gotsli modelled.

I love the colors and the 70's vibe, but it's very safe. Too standard in concept and poses.

OMG gucci is so bad very bad, gucci With the going of Tom Ford and Testino lost the sexy and glamorus first caracterist o gucci.
This campaign is very very bad and copy of other canpaigns have a very Testino style Look and think:innocent:

Gucci SS1996
Ph.MarioTestino
gucci016summer1996janndku1.jpg

Valentino Red FW2003
Ph:Steven Meisel
valentino337stevenmeisexa4.jpg

VakentinoRed SS2006
Ph.Alexei Lubomorski
valentino375alexeilubomce7.jpg

Gucci SS2007
Ph.CraigMcdean

ggfu8.jpg

I believe that craig mcdean must feel shamed, Love gucci but this is Painful

I like Freja, but this campaign bores me. :(

^ Same, although she looks gorgeous and the colours are beautiful!

It is indeed not very original, but maybe the womens version will be more exciting and I can't wait to see how Milana looks.

testinofan, although all the ads you provided show models laying down, I think this one is different and not so much of a rip off as you proclaim. Like someone pointed they've interpretted the collection as hippie-chic and the colors, positioning of the models, the chose of pillows recall a time when people got stoned in kaleidoscopic prints laying on chaise lounges in communes. For that reason, I think the direction for this campaign is quite good considering the style of the collection and the looks chosen to shoot for the ad.

obiusly the collection no are the same but the concept of the photo yes, wirh i little change but the cocept is xerox of others campaigns and old gucci style, the clothe have a similar collection of Gucci SS2000 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saucednoods
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->