Gucci S/S 2025 Milan

There are some very beautiful clothes here, and I get why this could be a new, sober, minimal Gucci. The set didn't do these clothes justice and neither did the music, too laid-back and summery for a collection that didn't feel either. I think Sabato has talent but maybe he doesn't surround himself with the right people.
Also, although the clothes are often beautiful the collection does not have a clear pov or story, or direction.
All in all this was probably his best one so far though.

I don't think that he is a bad designer, I actually find him decent. He just doesn't have the vision that a creative director needs.
I would have styled the clothes in a more revealing way, give the models a sunburnt look and make up a la 70's Lui magazine. Make the hair sleazy. Ditch the huge sets for a short simple runway with a spot light like in the 90's.

The collection is a combination of many things that falls somewhere in the middle: not so sensual, not so modern. What about the direction of the cameras? You're broadcasting a fashion show, not trying to be the new Stanley Kubrick!

The collection is a combination of many things that falls somewhere in the middle: not so sensual, not so modern. What about the direction of the cameras? You're broadcasting a fashion show, not trying to be the new Stanley Kubrick!
Lmao! That’s so true about the cameras. I was like, what’s the point of following the model for one minute? I want to see the rest as well :lol: So random.

so true about the camera work - very annoying and not conducive to a fashion show at all.
also, while the sets are indeed pretty, i agree with those who think a pared down minimal set would have worked better with a seemingly pared down minimal Gucci.
the clothes were ok *shrug*

I don't think that he is a bad designer, I actually find him decent. He just doesn't have the vision that a creative director needs.
I would have styled the clothes in a more revealing way, give the models a sunburnt look and make up a la 70's Lui magazine. Make the hair sleazy. Ditch the huge sets for a short simple runway with a spot light like in the 90's.
Designers now simply aren't imaginative enough to consider something like this.

Hands down his best Ancora collection, but I still don’t like it. It’s all wasteful. The neon green lace made me long for Christopher Kane though.

Boo, boring - moving on I guess.
I kept focusing on the audience, suppose that says a lot. What is Amelia Dimoldenberg seeing through those glasses? Was she there to do interviews also?

I'm so bored of this. The influencers spamming my feed don't help.

It feels like he's trying to tap into what Nicolas Di Felice is doing at Courreges, but Di Felice has more conviction.

He’s probably a decent or good assistant.
But he has no personal vision, creativity or talent of his own. And nobody in his team acting as crutches.

The vogue pics def took forever because they chose pics going down the runway. The color scheme actually looks quite nice on vogue imo

The calf-high horse bit loafers are hideous and I can’t believe he made Mona and the other girls in those beautiful dresses wear them instead of heels 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->