Models:
Unknown
Photographer: Guy Bourdin

Vogue Paris December 1965
"Le Point de Vue de Vogue"

archive.org

"De l'or pour rire" (I think that is the title, from what I can gather from the contents. Incomplete.)
Model: Unknown

"Les mules pilotes 1966"

archive.org

Vogue Paris February 1967
"Chaussures: mat ou brillant"
Model: Unknown

archive.org

Charles Jourdan
Photographer:
Guy Bourdin

archive.org

Fürstenberg
Model:
Unknown

archive.org

Esquire December 1957
"Guy Bourdin: Sketches With the Appeal of an Early-Day Chaplin"
Illustrator: Guy Bourdin

archive.org

I still kick myself for not buying Sighs and Whispers online when I found a used copy for very cheap (comparatively...). Such beautiful imagery, with all their unease.

US Vogue February 1986
Emanuel Ungaro Parallèle S/S 86

Photo Guy Bourdin
Models Anouk Aimée

vogue archive

I didn't realize there hasn't been a book published about his Charles Jourdan ads yet!

Guy Bourdin for Charles Jourdan (Edited by Patrick Remy)
Publish Date: September 03, 2024

1719676829200.png

A giant of modern fashion photography, Bourdin lent his surrealist eye to the shoes and fashions of Charles Jourdan. Creating compositions full of movement, color, and sensuality, this pioneering collaboration between designer and photographer still exerts a profound influence on modern fashion photography.

The late 1960s saw some of the most dynamic periods in French fashion. And the union between Bourdin and Jourdan captured the spirit of the moment unlike any other creative partnership of the era. Jourdan, a polymath who occupied the office of both couturier and shoe designer, tapped Bourdin, a true surrealist among the fashion photographers of the age, and engaged in a creative dialogue through to Jourdan’s passing in 1976.

Celebrated here are over 150 images, many never before published, full of the modernity and fetishism that made Jourdan’s designs so sought after, and Bourdin’s mise-en-scènes so provocative. To draw attention to the sweep of a woman’s feet and the gentle swell of her calves, the shod feet and lower leg of a mannequin are disembodied and transported to a variety of contexts, the central figures in compositions that are at once erotic, humorous, and often unsettling.

Provocative, fabulist, dramatic, and full of intense color and saturation theirs was as complete a collaboration as has ever been achieved in the history of postwar fashion. This book presents that work in its entirety for the very first time and provides insight into a true meeting of the minds between designer and photographer.
Rizzoli

Vogue Paris Team, 1962
Photographer:
Willy Rizzo
Featuring: Dorian Leigh, Guy Bourdin, Henry Clarke, Emerick Bronson, William Connors, Joseph Leombruno, Jack Bodi, Maurice Pascal, Willy Rizzo & Helmut Newton

Guy Bourdin & Nicole de Lamargé
Photographer:
Willy Rizzo

willyrizzo

Vogue Paris Team, 1962
Photographer:
Willy Rizzo
Featuring: Dorian Leigh, Guy Bourdin, Henry Clarke, Emerick Bronson, William Connors, Joseph Leombruno, Jack Bodi, Maurice Pascal, Willy Rizzo & Helmut Newton

Guy Bourdin & Nicole de Lamargé
Photographer:
Willy Rizzo

willyrizzo
Thanks for these @blueorchid! I often forget what Guy looked like as a person because his work and ethos truly made him into some kind of enigma. To the point where I even forget he's somewhat human. Same as Serge Lutens and in many ways, Madame Gres and Vionnet...

US Vogue April 1978
Charles Jourdan SS 1978

Photo Guy Bourdin
Models Unknown

vogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back