Haider Ackermann x Jean Paul Gaultier

This is a match made in heaven. I'm happy that Haider is finally back on the fashion scene. His voice is needed in these dire times.

One thing is for sure, JPG has taste and standards. He only selected designers that care and respect the spirit of couture.

Wow. This is exciting and unexpected, but makes a lot of sense. I cannot wait to see what Haider can do with the JPG atelier. I want an opulent, luxurious, and bourgeois offering. Of course JPG is synonymous with corsets, cone bras, and the rest, but I want to see some nice tailored daywear.

Very exciting and I can not wait. Some of the other promos they did for this on Instagram felt like an epileptic fit so hopefully that isn't a sign of the mood. However, bring on the bourgeois Gaultier references I say! I want some of that painfully beautiful yet so effortless Gaultier glamour of his earlier couture offerings.

Also, someone may need to check in on @Lola701, they may have had an excitement induced aneurysm...

E.N.F.I.N.
Best news ever!
Super happy for Haider. Real fashion back (Rousteing was a bit cheesy/pop)!
I hope this will be the beginning of greater things for him.

I hope this will be more than rendition of old clothes even if Gaultier is an unexpected territory for Haider because of the corsetry and stuff.

I’m super excited.

This is gonna be such a great moment for Gaultier Couture, and is such an important part of Haider's star power. He's been missed on the runway since the onset of the pandemic, and this will be a chance for many to be reminded of his genius and ability. I am very excited.

This is the best brand of news and collab that thrills the fashion heart!

The hope that someone as exquisitely trained in construction and tailoring, with the refined design vision as Haider having the opportunity to contribute to the fashion genius of generations is the stuff of fashion dreams. Gaultier’s past collaborators have all been... fine enough— but Haider will be the ideal standard. Hopefully the likes of A.F. Vandevorst, Christian Lacroix, and the real Martin Margiela will become a reality in Gaultier’s next collaborators. Greats supporting Greats is what this industry needs now more than ever.

Amazing news, between this and his collab with FILA, I hope Haider can come back to the scene very soon, he deserves it

One thing is for sure, JPG has taste and standards. He only selected designers that care and respect the spirit of couture.
Except Olivier.

The hope that someone as exquisitely trained in construction and tailoring, with the refined design vision as Haider having the opportunity to contribute to the fashion genius of generations is the stuff of fashion dreams. Gaultier’s past collaborators have all been... fine enough— but Haider will be the ideal standard. Hopefully the likes of A.F. Vandevorst, Christian Lacroix, and the real Martin Margiela will become a reality in Gaultier’s next collaborators. Greats supporting Greats is what this industry needs now more than ever.
I agree strongly. My fear is however is his well will the industry react to this. They don't really care about the substance of fashion anymore, they just want be part of an "iconic show". That's why Rousteing's show was everyone's favourite, despite the numerous issues it had.

^^^ Olivier was fine LOL He’s often a mess, but he did well enough for Gaultier.

The general attitude of the industry towards Gaultier has long cooled off— despite everyone from Christopher John Rogers/Shayne Oliver/Dnaiel Roseberry etc etc ripping him off wholesale. Gaultier shouldn’t pander to the lowest common denominators and lowest of standards that’s become the norm of the industry. Him desperately seeking for the approval of the industry in 2022 is the equivalent of Madonna desperately seeking for the approval of the 15yo TikTok and Kim K woshipping demographic in 2022 (…oh wait…). Admittedly, what meager offering to retail the brand currently has is the tired trope of tattoo prints and corset jackets. It’s understandable and a business necessity just like the perfumes. But with his HC line, he still has the draw and pull to attract the Greats. If it’s anyone that Margiela will return to fashion for— it’s Gaultier. ...I would even dare wish for Helmut as a future candidate.

There are 3 people I want to see do Couture for Gaultier: Martin, Nicolas and Alexandre. They all came from his school and it would be so interesting to see their aesthetic in the Gaultier Couture world.
Obviously we see a lot of Gaultier in their work but it would be great for the story… Much like when Gaultier did his Hommage to Cardin in front of Cardin!

The only interesting show to look forward for next HC season.

Ps. Well, and Galliano (if he keeps with the idea of being himself at Margiela).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->