Hair Breakage

BabyJ

Reaction score
I have a serious problem with my hair!

It is obviously damaged from the amount of processing my hair undergoes in a year. The problem is that my hair breaks and splits very easily. My hairdresser told me that my ends were extremely dry so :blink: I just recently cut off 5 inches of my hair so that the split ends would get chopped off. I have quit blowdrying my hair so that it can get healthier but nothing.

:cry: Within 2 weeks of cutting off all my hair, and no processing or blowdrying, or brushing when wet, I notice split ends again. :cry:

Is this crap genetic or something? Any special conditioners you would recommend.

Get a second opinion from another stylist? I process my hair TO DEATH (bleaching everyother month, chemical defrizzing every six months, plus straightening and blow drying every day). Lay off the processing and condition your hair a lot. Sometimes when my hair's getting a little dry and dead I put just conditioner on my dry hair and let it sit for awhile. Then wash it out.

I've never heard of genetics being related to breakage but it might be something to look into. Again, try asking another stylist.

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 6 2004, 07:08 PM
Get a second opinion from another stylist? I process my hair TO DEATH (bleaching everyother month, chemical defrizzing every six months, plus straightening and blow drying every day). Lay off the processing and condition your hair a lot. Sometimes when my hair's getting a little dry and dead I put just conditioner on my dry hair and let it sit for awhile. Then wash it out.

I've never heard of genetics being related to breakage but it might be something to look into. Again, try asking another stylist.
[snapback]323706[/snapback]​

Holly I just read another topic and I am considering adding olive oil to my conditioner to see if that works at all. The top of my hair is shiney and healthy even the highlighted portions it is just my ends that choose to die and break no matter what I do. I cut off 5 inches in hopes of getting rid of the split ends but within2 weeks they were back!

I know how you feel, my ends are constantly fried no matter what I do...I've given up on actually correcting them and instead just focus on masking the breakage...making it look like its healthy even when it's not. I mentioned this in another thread, use Biosilk Silk Therapy, it will make your hair look/feel healthy even though it's not.

Maya,

That is actually the product that my hair stylist puts in my hair when she blow dries it. The top of my head, although coloured and processed to hair hell is rather nice. No fly aways, no damage, no dryness...but the ends... :(

I guess I'll have to buy a bottle the next time I'm at the salon. I haven't gone since I got my hair cut as to not dry it any more!

your hair can also be affected a lot by your nutrition

try taking Perfectil capsules which boost goodness to your hair skin and nails........IT WORKS (my hair used to break so easily and i was told my hair wouldnt grow very long if i kept dying it and now its down to my shoulders

also use a really good conditioner......and try to let your hair dry naturally.....dont use a towell or anything.....just leave it if u can.
try and wash it before you go to bed so you can leave it to dry overnight

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 10 2004, 01:09 PM
your hair can also be affected a lot by your nutrition

try taking Perfectil capsules which boost goodness to your hair skin and nails........IT WORKS (my hair used to break so easily and i was told my hair wouldnt grow very long if i kept dying it and now its down to my shoulders

also use a really good conditioner......and try to let your hair dry naturally.....dont use a towell or anything.....just leave it if u can.
try and wash it before you go to bed so you can leave it to dry overnight
[snapback]327276[/snapback]​

I agree...I take supplements now and have less breakage.

Drinking milk or eating milk products helps a lot. I also had split ends before but finaly this problem is over. I use a lot of hair care products. i always blow dry my hair, and it stays siky and healthy. I condition my hair with olive oil and from time to time I buy special hair masks. After this treatment my hair started to grow like crazy. (not a long time ago I've cut my bangs and hair already goes in my eyes.)

:flower:

Originally posted by BabyJ@Aug 10 2004, 12:06 PM
Maya,

That is actually the product that my hair stylist puts in my hair when she blow dries it. The top of my head, although coloured and processed to hair hell is rather nice. No fly aways, no damage, no dryness...but the ends... :(

I guess I'll have to buy a bottle the next time I'm at the salon. I haven't gone since I got my hair cut as to not dry it any more!
[snapback]327121[/snapback]​

You should buy it. It's fairly inexpensive and it's my favorite hair product ever.

This is the only product that I've ever used that has actually fused my split ends:

http://sacredbeauty.com/graham_webb_ice_ca...ditioner_1.html

The product is called "Ice Cap Hypothermic Bonding Conditioner" and it's by Graham Webb. You can find it on this website for a reasonable price, you could google "Graham Webb Ice Cap" or get it at your local salon. Drugstores don't carry it.

Using this product every day or every other day, even just on my ends, I only need to get cuts every 6 months. It's seriously some kind of miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->