Hairstyles For Asian Hair

skyhigh

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my hair cut again when it gets longer, but I'm clueless as to how I want it cut. What kind of hairstyles suit Asian hair. Straight, black, pretty fine I guess.

Attachments

• Cimg2481.jpg
    Cimg2481.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 494
I'm Japanese and have the same problem. I actually like to keep it at a medium-length and sweep my long bangs to the side to create some angles. I think Kaila Yu looks great when she adds a soft curl to the ends, and a slight red tint looks good on almost all asians. I think the greatest thing I ever did for my hair was find a hairstylist who has a lot of experience with Asian hair. Good luck!

I'm not sure but maybe adding some different shades of browns of highlights?
and some curls?

I've got an Asian background too and i hate my hair, its too straight...i dont even need to use striaghteners! lol Anyway how about getting some layers? Im thinking of doing that to stop it from looking lank and too fine to add some texture :flower:

i know....our hair's usually way too heavy to do anything with volume

what i sometimes do with my hair is after a shower, i put in lotsa mousse...then put up in loose bun. in the morning, it's still a bit damp, so i let it down and scrunch it. i end up with loose waves that should stick around for most of the day if i use enough mousse.

*note: don't do this very often as it makes more hair fall out

i kno u asked about another hairstyle, but i really like how asian girls look with blonde hair..mayb u should consider that?

I agree...i have seen asian girls with blonde hair when its done nicely and it can look good but dont try a DIY job at home lol :P

hey! how bout the asian boy? super hard for me to find a nice new unique hair style. im tall, slim, and have a bit longer face. I am growing my hair right now because i cant decide on what to get. its down between my eyes and nose, and below my ears on the side. the back is up to my neck area. Im thinking of something messy and wild? ey? :mohawk:

i think you'd look cute with a thick razored fringe & some fine layers to give texture which would be easy to style as your hair is dead straight
something like this
s003.jpg
on the right
or this
h002.jpg
on the left

or you could just go for a side swept fringe which is easy peasy to look after and style

has anyone else noticed how cute japanese haircuts usually are? i need some new ideas. does anyone have any good photos/links of japanese girls or know of any cute japanese pop stars? someone mentioned Ayumi Hamasaki.

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Apr 20th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
One of my favourite Ayumi hairstyles :heart:
yeah, i like that one, i have medium length hair with sideswept bangs. a little too "pretty" though.

I like this style myself. Really light, cute and perfect for the summer. :flower:

Attachments

• fresh.jpg
    fresh.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 62
Originally posted by smashinfashion+Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smashinfashion @ Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-vintage_princess@Apr 20th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
One of my favourite Ayumi hairstyles  :heart:
yeah, i like that one, i have medium length hair with sideswept bangs. a little too "pretty" though. [/b][/quote]
I think so too..its such a "sweet" look :heart:

theyre cute:smile:

has anyone heard of japanese reconditioning for curly hair??
its suposed to straighten your hair...the treatments quite expensive though...anyone would like to share their knowledge??!? :P :flower:

Originally posted by saad@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 1:13 pm
theyre cute:smile:

has anyone heard of japanese reconditioning for curly hair??
its suposed to straighten your hair...the treatments quite expensive though...anyone would like to share their knowledge??!? :P :flower:
I've heard of that too. Its meant to be really good but i haven't had it done myself, as my hair is already straight. I wish i had naturally curly hair though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->