Halston Heritage S/S 2016 New York

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Bobbi Queen
Halston Heritage designer Marie Mazelis said for spring 2016 she was inspired by the faded palette in some photos of Havana. “I also like looking to Halston’s archives for a link to the past,” she added, playing with a pair of sunglasses that belonged to one of the founder’s Seventies collections.

Making the house’s history relevant now was Mazelis’ main objective — and nothing underscored that more than the brown ultrasuede strapless sheath, cut in a new, richer version of the original Toray-manufactured cloth. Mazelis also mined the Seventies for her crepe jumpsuits, single-shoulder dresses, caftans, white paillette pants and a terrific orchid print.

Echoes of Halston can always bring a cozy nostalgia to his fans, but Mazelis needs to have the courage to create a bit more pizzazz and risk her own reinvention for the house.

wwd.com

Umm..no. This looks cheap. I see a pale sad reference to Halston. Def nothing 'heritage' here :neutral:

I completely forgot this label existed. Primark have nicer stuff than this.

Totally look outdated,it's not chic or desirable at all.What's wrong with it!!!??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->