Marios Schwab named as the new creative director of Halston.

hautechild

Reaction score
From vogue.co.uk:

Marios Schwab was confirmed this morning as the new creative director of Halston. And he has big plans for it.

"While Halston's DNA is crucial to its future success, I very much wish to move the brand forward and make it relevant for today," Schwab told WWD. "Simple, effortless pieces realized via modern [fabrics] and technology will play a large role in how I will redefine the brand. The clothes will echo the heritage but with a very distinctive, modern feel that is completely new and completely now."

Schwab will helm the addition of a new collection; Halston Heritage, which will redevelop pieces from the Halston archive; an ecommerce website and the introduction of a new fragrance.

"The silhouettes were very fluid, and we thought they had a very modern Halston interpretation," Halston ceo Bonnie Takhar said of the Marios Schwab spring/summer 2009 show which so impressed the Halston board, also noting that during the interview process, "his knowledge of the Halston brand really impressed us."

So far Schwab's spokespeople have refused to comment this morning on reports that the Central Saint Martins grad will move to New York to undertake the role but will continue to show his eponymous collection at London Fashion Week.
I know they were pretty much ended anyway, but this will definintely put a stop to all the Theyskens going to Halston talk!

well i knew that seemed more likely than theyskens because the rumours were less random.

thrilled about these news. also just got the email.. actually quite intrigued as to how this will inspire his own line :smile:

This could be rather wonderful, i like his work alot and think he could work for Halston well.Thanks for posting.

I think this is a very good match...

he is one of my favourite designers. i hope they pay him a huge salary so he can expand his self titled line.

Is this Halston Heritage in addition to a seasonal collection?

I can definately see Schwab making a splash at Halston. Totally looking forward to it.

sounds like they took lessons in copying Balenciaga's winning formula of dealing with a rich house archive under the umbrella of a re-visited, commercial 'Edition' line, while at the same time, allowing the brand to take fast steps forward with an on-the-edge, cutting edge main collection. Hopefully this collaboration will teach Marios a lesson in high-polished, well-finished luxe PAP - As nice as some of his main line clothes can look on the runway, they are a huge let down in terms of quality and finishing when you see them up close!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, and judging by his quote he seems to have the right idea about how to make Halston relevant. I'm definitely looking forward to this. At the very least it'll provide a bit of excitement for NYFW when he debuts.

No news on when his first collection is scheduled for yet, is there?

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, and judging by his quote he seems to have the right idea about how to make Halston relevant. I'm definitely looking forward to this. At the very least it'll provide a bit of excitement for NYFW when he debuts.

No news on when his first collection is scheduled for yet, is there?

Apparently his first collection will be for A/W 10/11

Well Marios Schwab deserves something big like this. I quite adore his work usually so I am excited for this.

i'm thrilled!!! Marios does teriffic work, and considering how mediocre Halston has been ever since it was revived, i think he could really play a key role in reinventing the label.

I'm actually very excited. I hope with Schwab designing the mainline in addition to "Halston Heritage", that this is as winning a formula as Ghesquiere for Balenciaga, like tricotineacetat mentioned. Not that the Halston archive is as impressive as that of Balenciaga's, but this just, on the whole, seems like a hopeful enterprise.

Plus, I'm just relieved beyond belief that Theyskens is nowhere near this house.

I definitely have liked his work, at least from runway pictures, and I am glad that he's getting this opportunity. Halston has been stale every time they tried to revive it, so this will be a breath of fresh air.

Halston needs a very careful and systematic growth plan, because there is so much potential for the name... it should and can be so much more than just some other experimental fashion brand. It does represent an American legacy at its finest. Huge heritage, but they must build up a strong young team that should cover everything from creating signature shapes and patterns for clothing, to signature leathers and accessory shapes to push the brand to a level no American brand has ever reached.

And obviously an unmatched evening-wear offering. I am excited about Marios Schwab, and yes, the current economic climate is not very desirable, but maybe planting the seeds now and see them grow when the economy gets much better will be the best strategy for both the brand and the investment. I am surprised Zac Posen was not chosen though. It seemed so likely for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->