Halston F/W 09.10 New York

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
NEW YORK, February 17, 2009

By Laird Borrelli-Persson

Fashion actually doesn't exist in a vacuum—that, at least, has finally been proven once and for all by designers' obsession with the economy these days. Clothing doesn't mean anything without context. And context is exactly what has been missing at Halston, which was relaunched for the umpteenth time in February of last year and has been designed by a team for two seasons.

Instead of a runway show, the creative forces at the house produced a video in which model Dree Hemingway—yes, daughter of Mariel, who burst into stardom in the original disco-Halston heyday of the late seventies—rushes headlong toward some destination unknown (or, as the program solemnly put it, "moves through the film's interior world created by director Nez Khammel").

Back in the showroom, the brightly hued garments themselves looked cheerful enough. (Studded jumpsuit, anyone?) A floor-length sequined coat was chic, and there were some beautiful details, including scarf ties that would have charmed Isadora Duncan and a gently caped back on a primary-red minidress. Some of the trendiest looks will probably be picked up by L.A. stylists and photographed for the tabloids because Halston has a certain cool cred in Hollywood again. But here in Manhattan, where Studio 54 feels as far away as ancient Rome, they just don't match the mood.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg
03m.jpg

04m.jpg
05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
yes cheap is the word i looking for. If this kind of clothing they want to sell nder Halston brand to reborn this name , well it's not good direction.

Halston is probably turning in his grave. I mean, punky fishnets and leather skinny pants at Halston? Were they eating the lead paint chips off the wall or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
they should probably stop doing this.....this is the what 3rd boring boring collection now??

ewwww this is bad , the fall collection was still decent but this is woof , they need a creative director and fast.

Not very consistent. Aside from the fact that it pretty much all looks horrible to me :ninja:

Halston is probably turning in his grave. I mean, punky fishnets and leather skinny pants at Halston? Were they eating the led paint chips off the wall or something?

Oh, I don't know, some of the pieces he created for JC Penney aren't that great...

i think the presentation makes the clothes appear even cheaper

the styling and those pieces would belong to Miss Sixty or at least Diesel but not for Halston, what a random and mess

Halston is probably turning in his grave. I mean, punky fishnets and leather skinny pants at Halston? Were they eating the lead paint chips off the wall or something?

More like he just sat up in his coffin and clawed his way out of the ground, so that he can punish the people responsible for this. It's horrible!! There is nothing nonchalant or sensual about it. I wasn't a fan of the other seasons of Halston. I felt they were to nostalgic, but this is just wanna be disco. And it only translates to sl*t on the boardwalk.

the styling and those pieces would belong to Miss Sixty or at least Diesel but not for Halston, what a random and mess

Yeah, Miss Sixty is what came to my mind.

Can someone enlighten me as to why people feel the need to resurrect iconic labels? Halston went together with an era, trying to make it work now is futile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"