Handbag help - are these designers still hot?

DenimBlog

Reaction score
I am still a newbie to the fashion world and have been learning so much from you all on this forum who are in the industry. It helps me dress better and keep up with the trends and helps my business too! :flower: Anyway, I know a little about certain brands but not as much about others and I need your help again. I recently found this FABULOUS designer consignment store near me (if you live near Tampa, email me and I'll tell you where!) that has Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc. Also a few other names they had were Ballys, Tod's and St. John. I am not as familiar with those last ones but I see that, for example, Tod's handbags retail for around $1100. But are these still hot or are they already "over"? What do you guys think? Many of the leather solid colored Tod's look plain jane to me but might be good as an everyday bag. So are Ballys, Tod's and St. John's still good buys? Or skip 'em?

Tods mikey (sp?) bag was pretty big a while ago.. but all those brands you mentioned, like Tods and Bally have good quality bags that never go out of style.They are not exactly the "IT" bags of the moment. Their designs isnt very trendy. Its mostly good basic pieces IMO. Buy them if you like them. (especially if they are cheap!!) Basic rule of shopping. :flower:

I don't really like those brands, but it depends on your taste and purpose, if you want something stylish, value and will be around for a long time then buy a Balenciaga Bag. Those brands are too old looking for me and I'm not a twenty something gal.

I love Tods bags- they're great quality. They aren't trendy, but they definately hold their own. I associate St. John and Ballys with older women. Bally's quality is supposed to be very good, but their styles don't excite me.

Something I've learned about fashion, DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO LABELS!

If a bag feels nice, looks good, and is of good quality you should buy it! :smile:

annals said:
Something I've learned about fashion, DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO LABELS!

If a bag feels nice, looks good, and is of good quality you should buy it! :smile:

agreed :flower:

If you feel the style suits you, purchase them. if theyre designer, even better since theyre investment pieces :smile:

fashion is for having fun, choose a few status chic bags (classic can last in fashion for up to 10 years) and then have some fun with the seasonal bags... i am a bag addict and i must say quality is the key... it is better to have one good bag than a ton of cheap bags that you will end up throwing out.

:flower: its great you are finding your feet in fashion... some trends end very quickly so you have to be careful, but with everyone here they will give you opinions on the bags that you are thinking about purchasing xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaVigo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->