Make Up: Thomas de Kluyver

Management Artists

Porter Edit by Net-A-Porter
September 14, 2018

Future Proof
Model Hannah Motler, Shanelle Nyasiase and Dipti Sharma
Photographer Alexander Saladrigas
Styling Morgan Pilcher

English model Motler, 17, made her industry debut at the SS18 shows, first at Calvin Klein, then Coach, Marc Jacobs and Victoria Beckham, followed by major campaigns for Miu Miu and Versace.

I’VE ALWAYS BEEN OBSESSED WITH FASHION. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve pored over the pages of glossy magazines, completely in love with and in awe of the beautiful clothes, dreaming that one day I could wear something just like them. I guess this also explains how I became a shameless shopaholic.

I WANTED TO BE A VET FOR A REALLY LONG TIME. I absolutely love dogs; I actually just got two new cocker spaniel pups. It wasn’t until I got scouted in Manchester, at a One Direction concert (I was a hardcore fan…), that I considered modeling as a career. Since then I’ve met so many brilliant people and feel really lucky to be part of such a creative industry.

WALKING FOR CALVIN KLEIN WAS A REAL ‘PINCH ME’ MOMENT. It was the first runway show I’d ever done and the first time I’d ever been to New York City, which was the icing on the cake. The best modeling advice I’ve received is to never compare yourself to anyone else because everyone has their own individual journey, but moments like [the Calvin Klein show] make me really proud.

I KNOW HOW TO DO DOWNTIME. To relax, I either stick on an episode of Friends or read. I’ve always loved books; at the moment, I’m reading The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood for my English Literature A-level. It’s brilliant. My dream day off would definitely be a shopping trip in London.
net-a-porter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->