Harper’s Bazaar Australia & New Zealand September 2024 : Lily Collins by Benjamin Becker

So you're telling me Thailand commissioned and printed the original story?
and the developed country Australia gets the second dip
:blink: Times have really changed

So you're telling me Thailand commissioned and printed the original story?
and the developed country Australia gets the second dip
:blink: Times have really changed

More like Cartier commissioned it as a shoot that would appear in multiple editions, Thailand just happened to release theirs a week or two earlier. HB has a history of shared content across multiple editions.

More like Cartier commissioned it as a shoot that would appear in multiple editions, Thailand just happened to release theirs a week or two earlier. HB has a history of shared content across multiple editions.
But the stylist is from Thailand, so it's not just simply sharing content like Vogue in this case? Otherwise, Cartier would just have Andrew Mukamal for this job
Hair and mu are the usual wall group people though

Last edited:
This discussion used to happen nearly every month a few years ago when British Vogue would release content first and then several other editions would be seen as reprinting their scraps. In reality, the shoots were always intended to appear in multiple editions. Something has shifted and now there seems to be a better understanding that, for example, Vogue France didn’t pick up Vogue Spain’s scraps to produce their September cover but rather that shared content was created and Vogue Spain happened to release earlier. My point isn’t that Cartier literally put their own team together for the shoot, it’s that some deal was worked out between Cartier and multiple editions of HB. Which team was physically on set producing the shoot is irrelevant, to me. I suppose everyone will look at it their own way, but “content is being created with the intent to be printed by multiple editions around the world and who publishes first or is physically on set to produce is largely circumstantial” seems a more accurate assessment to me than “edition B, C, and D are publishing edition A’s content”

I didn't appreciate your original comment either. Wondering how the "developed country Australia" reprints content from Thailand suggests that it's questionable or humiliating for a country like Australia to reprint/get magazine content from a country like Thailand. Why wouldn't Australia reprint content from Thailand?

Australia and NZ are the last places I associate with 'high fashion'. So this isn't surprising.

Yeah but compared to last months cover it is a huge let down

What a trivial way to insult the nation of Thailand.
Right! Especially considering how fashionable the people of Thailand are. Their luxury market is among the fastest growing globally.

In Thailand, the revenue in the Luxury Fashion market is projected to reach US$2.06bn in 2024. It is anticipated that the market will experience an annual growth rate of 5.58% (CAGR 2024-2028).

Diving into Thailand’s luxury goods market, we can see how Thailand’s unique demographics shape customer behaviors. According to Siam Piwat’s (a Thai-based luxury real estate developer) president of sales and business relations, Caroline Murphy, Thailand boasts a high percentage of female executives across all sectors. This translates to luxury brands seeing an influx of women purchasing high-end jewelry and watches for themselves — “things that traditionally perhaps a spouse would buy for them”. The age of the Thai luxury shopper is decreasing as well. Murphy sees the oldest of Gen Alphas (ages 15–16) are entering the world of luxury and making their first purchases, influenced by social media as well as famous Thai celebrities.
Back on topic all those photos seem to have been shot from a weird angle like the photographer was laying on the ground.

Harper's Bazaar Thailand's cover was stronger but I don't mind this. There were far better photographs from the shoot that were crying out to be turned into a cover, like the closeup of Lily Collins wearing the same black dress. I love the photography, the styling and that bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->