Harper’s Bazaar China September 2024 : Shu Qi by Chen Man & Dilraba by Liu ZongYuan

Love Shu Qi but this Dilraba person looks weird. I assume it's due to work that's been done on her face but she looks like an animated figure.

First model had a good cover and average ed while the second model has a weird cover and better editorial. The editing on Dilraba was criminal I had to google her. She looks much better than there and seems to be the endorsement queen of China. She also happens to be Uyghur Chinese so her look is a little different from what we normally associate with China.

2022ClarinsGlobal Brand Spokesperson[68]
2022ValentinoAsia-Pacific Fragrance Spokesperson[69]
2022Kronenbourg 1664Global Brand Spokesperson[70]
2022Molsion EyewearBrand Spokesperson[71]
2023DiorBrand Ambassador[72][73]
2023Dior Fragrance & BeautyGlobal Ambassador[74]
2023DiorGlobal Brand Ambassador

Last edited:
first and third cover are gorgeous on two completely different moods.

1st is sultry and sexy kinda reminding me of VP gold years under Carine but unfortunately the editorial is a bit of great hits and so so misses mostly due to that cheap a** background (remember that shipwreck DIY dress Ariel has to wrap herself around at the beach after getting legs?)

the third ed is like a painting from Edward Robert Hughes: eerie, magical… it’s a shame that the whole editorial does not carry the same mood throughout (they were gunning for Greek mythology - not quite imo).

Shu Qi looks like being shot while Dilraba about to sneeze. Both look really awkward.

yeah Dilreba is ethnically Uyghur, the weirdness looks like the result of aggressive photoshop/editing, not any kind of intervention to her face. The pre-Raphaelite look really works for her, even the blonde wig doesn't look out of place.
Love Shu Qi (been a fan since Three Times) and think she's the better of the two as a cover model but that editorial isn't quite living up to her.

they really messed with dilraba's face - too aggressive on her nose - because she doesn't usually look like this...
anyways, the botticelli venus hair and the harp is deliciously stunning work. oh, i want more! i really wish we got more of it. i also liked the warm, golden tones of the spread. just too much editing/photoshop - wonder how rough the originals were.

i don't mind shu qi's spread - she and chen man can rarely do any wrong in my book. the styling is the strength, not the photography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crykiddos
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->