Harper’s Bazaar France December 2023/January 2024 : Loli Bahia & Charlotte Gainsbourg by Juergen Teller

oh my god, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this would about Gainsbourg's place.. only to see 'under the lens of Juergen Teller'.... great, expect nothing. 😑

Loli's cover is nice, and always nice to see Jesus on a cover too lol.

Loli Bahia 📈 by Juergen Teller 📉

The cover isn't as bad as I expected it to be. The second one on the other hand...

I actually love the Loli cover. Juergen is at his best when the subject/model/clothes are more glamorous, hence why I always love his Saint Laurent campaigns. And when he doesn't use iPhone to photograph (I can tell he did for the Charlotte cover).

Loli's cover is better...far better....

Charlotte forever…
Loli is not what I want to see for a December issue.

Loli's cover is nice love the colours though even I am done with her one note expression. Charlotte's cover is a miss unfortunately.

There is an editorial with Loli by Karim Sadli...

^^^ The stories are so much better than the trolling cover!

There is an editorial with Loli by Karim Sadli...

…And it’s glorious! “Loli & Friends”'s 22pg sheer will of force of that sort of BTS, insider and spontaneous aesthetic— that’s convincing with sublime composition and energy. Karim is capable of good imagery when he’s supported by a strong editor. And French Bazaar is so strong, so consistent and so confident in its fashion direction— a fashion direction that’s very 90s stripped-down minimalism that Juergen and Corinne Day pioneered. And Juergen is at his best here. Hope he becomes the resident photographer for French Bazaar. Along with her sister Italian Bazaar, they are not just keeping fashion publication alive, but striving. Vogue can fcuk off.

Juergen seems to be having a creative renaissance these days: French Bazaar and the YL campaigns being his strongest work in a long time. And how can anyone hate on a legendary fashion insider who releases a book with the title “Donkey Man and Other Stories…??? He's known from the very beginning that this industry is a huge joke that many still take so seriously. Juergen trolling the industry in full force is so endearing and exactly what this awful fashion era deserves.

^^^ The stories are so much better than the trolling cover!

…And it’s glorious! “Loli & Friends”'s 22pg sheer will of force of that sort of BTS, insider and spontaneous aesthetic— that’s convincing with sublime composition and energy. Karim is capable of good imagery when he’s supported by a strong editor. And French Bazaar is so strong, so consistent and so confident in its fashion direction— a fashion direction that’s very 90s stripped-down minimalism that Juergen and Corinne Day pioneered. And Juergen is at his best here. Hope he becomes the resident photographer for French Bazaar. Along with her sister Italian Bazaar, they are not just keeping fashion publication alive, but striving. Vogue can fcuk off.

Juergen seems to be having a creative renaissance these days: French Bazaar and the YL campaigns being his strongest work in a long time. And how can anyone hate on a legendary fashion insider who releases a book with the title “Donkey Man and Other Stories…??? He's known from the very beginning that this industry is a huge joke that many still take so seriously. Juergen trolling the industry in full force is so endearing and exactly what this awful fashion era deserves.
and where is this glorious editorial?

^^^ If araiac or Zorka don't have the time to post the edit soon, I'll do it later when I have some time.

I don't know who thought Juergen's work is cover material but Loli's cover is alright and Charlotte's reminds me of the covers we would get during the pandemic via FaceTime

I HATE how Charlotte's cover was shot.

When did we decide it was acceptable for maganize covers to have the same camera quality and artistic direction as a B-list nepo baby's instagram story?

Never seen this side of Karim Sadli's work. Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->