Harper’s Bazaar France June/July 2024 by Mario Sorrenti

I like HB France's approach to what's going on this summer. The Olympics? We'll be out of town. Going to our place on the Amalfi coast.

Although I always feel that summer just isn't a thing that Bazaar does well. The magazine is much more suited to covering the elegance (or the dramatics) of actual fashion, which won't be starting up again until the August issues and the first signs of the autumn-winter season.

Definitely all of Piergiorgio's girls here up front and centre, but I won't complain. Angelina and Awar are the peak of the current crop of models for me :heart: and I also like Devyn and Ella well enough.

The shot itself feels like a holiday snap from South of France/Marbella or somewhere, but if you compare it to what the Vogues have been trying to do with similar travel edits over the past year, it looks very impressive.

I like the composition but the lack of chemistry and boring styling just ruins it for me.

It is a lovely summer cover. Everything works for me.

Any have the editorial of Mica in the isssue of May?

Is far from being an awful picture, but I can see the lack of chemistry. It's hard to judge a still "new" magazine when one try to understand the identity the editor and team are building. It's hapenning lately with some covers, don't dislike them but also is not something that will stuck on my mind for days. They are playing quite safe after disasters in the recent past. One thing I can tell, both Bazaar's (Italia and France) don't put celebs in most of their covers (a few exceptions), and the risk of making an over produced story is not that high. Celebs means big budget, less control in terms of creativity, and (way) more retouch.

I despise this new generation of models. They are absolutely clueless, zero self awareness, dead eyes and stiff faces.
Also can Sorrenti finally retire? His b&w studio shots can be passable at times but outdoor work is so flat.
I disagree about the stiff faces of the new generation of models. They are new in front of the camera and experience is everything. Many of the well-know models of the past also had stiff faces and the same facial expressions.

I disagree about the stiff faces of the new generation of models. They are new in front of the camera and experience is everything. Many of the well-know models of the past also had stiff faces and the same facial expressions.
Kate overrated Moss

A group of four reminds me VI December 2013. Even each girls is different there, the mood is the same. There's more light in the way they look at the lens, it's more up. Here the girls look quite serious.

A group of four reminds me VI December 2013. Even each girls is different there, the mood is the same. There's more light in the way they look at the lens, it's more up. Here the girls look quite serious.
Other than there being 4 models of different ethnicities on the cover, what exactly is similar between the Vogue Italia cover and this cover?

1717017864319.png

Is fashion so oversaturated that we'll never be completely satisfied again, because we're already seen all there is to be seen? Nothing new that comes can properly hit the marks because it just can't compare to what we know and love. It's all flat and forgettable. And I don't even dislike this cover. I just don't care for it, which is arguably worse.

We are living in the zombie generation of models. It started in the late 90s when models became serious, not smilling but now it's just pure zombie, they have no presence, stiff all over. It fits the current state of the industry.

Still I like the cover photo and composition, despite the models not giving anything other than their (empty) faces.

Other than there being 4 models of different ethnicities on the cover, what exactly is similar between the Vogue Italia cover and this cover?

View attachment 1274096
For me, the model stares are similar on both covers. Obviously, I love the Vogue Italia cover much more because it is by Meisel but also because my favorite model appears on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->