Harper’s Bazaar France June/July 2024 by Mario Sorrenti

That story is actually nice and just puts you in the mood for late summer. Love the beachy waves too.

Angelina looks like a perfectly nice, next door girl but.. can’t get over how close her eyes are.. something about it makes her pictures feel a bit distant, less ‘seeing you’ if that makes sense. Or maybe I’m just beginning to suffer from Anya Taylor Joy saturation and will start seeing everyone with too close, tiny eyes from now on lol.
Explain what you mean by Angelina’s eyes being too close? If anything, Anna Taylor Joy’s eyes are widely set apart and Angelina’s not?

The full editorial is nice. But still kinda lukewarm. Feels more like an extended Mango/H&M summer campaign in soft filters

far apart eyes are always beautiful, look at kate moss, gemma ward etc.

Nothing stands out, as usual.
French Bazaar shouldn't look like this.
It should be way more exciting like the Asian editions.
NEXT !
Love your "NEXT!" gimmick, I must say! Used to find it annoying but got... used?.. to it? Now makes me smile.

Nothing truly stands out, I do agree.

But Asian editions? I'm not sure. Don't like their aesthetics, all in all. Lacks of soul despite the absolutely excellent crafting. Dunno, I often consider their work as beautiful but lacking the "final" touch. Everything falls to place, a bit too much. Would lov'em to get out of their comfort zone, as beautiful and mastered as can be.

Love your "NEXT!" gimmick, I must say! Used to find it annoying but got... used?.. to it? Now makes me smile.

Nothing truly stands out, I do agree.

But Asian editions? I'm not sure. Don't like their aesthetics, all in all. Lacks of soul despite the absolutely excellent crafting. Dunno, I often consider their work as beautiful but lacking the "final" touch. Everything falls to place, a bit too much. Would lov'em to get out of their comfort zone, as beautiful and mastered as can be.

Ahahaha I literally don't do it on purpose ahahha but then again my friends joke with me that I'm the male version of Miranda Priestley ahahah therefore I use the ''NEXT!'' catchphrase like she did with her ''that will be all'' ahahha :lol::lol::lol:.

I'm truly truly and honestly sad that the french edition of Bazaar isn't as exciting as it could be. I sort of have that nostalgia of W or US Vogue or Harper's Bazaar US from the 90's or the 2000; hence why I get mad or sad when I see bunch-of-nothing photos or editorials in magazines all around, especially Bazaar or Vogue which were considered the pinnacle of the modeling industry when it comes to the brilliance of high fashion.

Having said that though, US Bazaar under Samira is the BLANDEST magazine I have ever seen in my whole life lol so the french edition sort of follows that trend I guess. Italian Bazaar isn't ''awesome'' either but at least it has a voice.

I do have to defend Indian or Asian or South East Asian editions of Bazaar, they bring way way much glamour, luxury, power and even though some editorials or covershoots really look like catalogs but they bring drama and lots of glorious fashions. Whereas this french or US editions are really cheap / bad / boring / stale and bland. I want drama, lots of makeup and jewelry and beautiful women with 80's dressed and hair flying ahahah I want the Jerry Hall version of Bazaar but NOT the bland emotionless and lifeless unknown models with no posing skills and dead look in their eyes. I do prefer too much than not enough ahahah ^_^ but I totally understand where you're coming from though. Gosh I miss these conversations here between members !!!

Pretty girls, visual is flat for me.
Could've been better, in so many ways.

Ahahaha I literally don't do it on purpose ahahha but then again my friends joke with me that I'm the male version of Miranda Priestley ahahah therefore I use the ''NEXT!'' catchphrase like she did with her ''that will be all'' ahahha :lol::lol::lol:.

I'm truly truly and honestly sad that the french edition of Bazaar isn't as exciting as it could be. I sort of have that nostalgia of W or US Vogue or Harper's Bazaar US from the 90's or the 2000; hence why I get mad or sad when I see bunch-of-nothing photos or editorials in magazines all around, especially Bazaar or Vogue which were considered the pinnacle of the modeling industry when it comes to the brilliance of high fashion.

Having said that though, US Bazaar under Samira is the BLANDEST magazine I have ever seen in my whole life lol so the french edition sort of follows that trend I guess. Italian Bazaar isn't ''awesome'' either but at least it has a voice.

I do have to defend Indian or Asian or South East Asian editions of Bazaar, they bring way way much glamour, luxury, power and even though some editorials or covershoots really look like catalogs but they bring drama and lots of glorious fashions. Whereas this french or US editions are really cheap / bad / boring / stale and bland. I want drama, lots of makeup and jewelry and beautiful women with 80's dressed and hair flying ahahah I want the Jerry Hall version of Bazaar but NOT the bland emotionless and lifeless unknown models with no posing skills and dead look in their eyes. I do prefer too much than not enough ahahah ^_^ but I totally understand where you're coming from though. Gosh I miss these conversations here between members !!!
Oh yes, your "NEXT" is getting like some tFS perk nowadays and I so agree with you that convos are sometimes getting rare, but, still, I do enjoy every word here regardless if we do agree or not.

PS: I also tend to prefer too much to not enough!

Harper's Bazaar France can just do no wrong for me, I love this. The cover is rather muted in terms of colour but still screams summer. The composition of the girls is great (very British Vogue January 1990), love the styling and how effortless they look. The pale yellow masthead complements Sorrenti's cover shot beautifully - it's all just so easy on the eye.

What I do find criminal, however, is that shot of Angelina Kendall in the red Bottega Veneta wasn't put to better use. It's SCREAMING to be a cover! :heart:

I guess I forgot to cancel my Harper's Bazaar France subscription (oops) because this arrived today (but I didn't receive April or May, anyway)... so, I just flicked through it and there's something I don't dislike about the magazine, at the end of the day. The main editorial looked good in print. Maybe it's because we're going through a heatwave, but it was a pleasurable issue to skim. Pleasent enough, which is all I can hope for from magazines these days.

There are two other editorials that haven't been posted yet
  • "Le Look Bazaar: Polo Club" photographed by Luna Conte, styled by Francesca Izzi. Models: Jessi Shelnutt, Zora, Asa Sidibe. Yuyu Li, Sara Cabalarro, Saphira Krumhaar. Featuring polo shirts, etc.
  • "Pause déjeuner" photographed by Stanislas Motz-Neidhart, styled by Javier De Pardo. Model: Glorianny Saint Fleu. Featuring watches.
  • Features on: Mariacarla Boscono (photos Constanza Damiani), Mina, and a travel feature about the Almafi coast.
I still think it's very Vogue Paris under Emmanuelle redux, but... I'm in a good mood tonight, so I'll accept it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->