Harper’s Bazaar France May 2023 : Imaan Hammam by Robin Galiegue

Why all the covers from this magazine look so old / retro / with a weird bad lighting filter in every single cover???
The cover brings nothing to the table: no shoes / no facial expression / yoga pose / Alt did ''the styling'' ??? A.k.a some cheap leggings with no shoes and a black veil ??? And people screaming like it's amazing on social media? Yeah this era is definitely not my taste. Between boring covers like these or nepo models or influencers = there's NOTHING left from the era of GLAMOUR SEXY MODELS with girls from the 2000 or the fabulous era of Vogue Italia with Franca.

US Bazaar with Samira is bland as hell
French Bazaar is so off and retro with no future image at all
Italian Bazaar is ok-ish
but yeah all in all this brand is dying.

I like the cover, it was a matter of time that Alt start to collaborate...and today Elodie David share the cover so maybe she is not out like someone suggested?...we need french intel lol.....

in other unrelated news...Suzanne Koller was in Milan this week and i don't think it was for Design week, my guess is she shot the Gucci campaign....

I really hope this magazine is very successful and steals the readers of vogue france

it’s an interesting shot and I know it doesn’t have to be ‘sexy’ or ‘sensual’ all the time but they made her ‘curveless’ which feels weird since it’s Imaan. I guess it’s the body position.

I like it nonetheless.

Stunning cover, looks like a good rewind of Vogue Paris & nice than Emmanuelle styles the main story.

Can't tell this is indeed a piece done by Emmanuelle Alt comparing to the retro 70's 80's works she (and David Sims) did for Vogue Paris in the last decade.

Can't tell if I like it or not. Of course, I'm glad Imaan scored the cover but what I see so far isn't her best piece so I'm on the fence with this one even considering what other magazines propose at the very same moment.

And the text under the image on Instagram feels so cliché and dated, especially how they describe Imaan (endless legs and all the blah-blah) and compare her to the legions of overnight sensations and other shooting stars meant to fade. I think Imaan stands out and shines by herself, no need to make it sounds like the newer generation of models isn't worth. We all know about the turnover rate in high fashion modeling, it's there for years and years already and if they're just discovering it right now and feel unhappy with it, why not giving a chance to some rising star instead? There are many young sprouts that are skilled, talented etc. who deserve their slice of spotlights to boost their career and get close to zero opportunity because most of the work goes to people who have no business in high-end fashion and the remaining part is given to established models.

I'm glad this magazine exists, between the death of Vogue Paris and Numéro being less relevant (one issue on, two issues off... one issue in, three issues out and so on) but I'm not fully convinced by the results despite some obvious efforts that are obviously not enough. Is it because most covers and mainstream magazines are lame that we should be satisfied with tedious stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->