Harper’s Bazaar France October 2023 : Amelia Grey by Karim Sadli

This is good, Bazaar for the win.

Said it once, and I'll say it again... it is absolutely AMAZING to see a French fashion title rise to the occasion and leave Vogue France in the shade. Harper's Bazaar France has undeniably risen to the occasion, and each and every cover they produce is just as gorgeous as the last. Very much into this, and how nicely it evokes the very early years of Harper's Bazaar. Perrrrrfect!

^^ I love it. I never use this word, but this cover is so CHIC. It's shocking to see beautiful covers amid all of the mediocrity coming from various Vogues around the world.

FINALLY it just took them 6 months... it's ok, I'm not screaming ''OMG fantastic'' either. It's a GOOD cover but let's see what the next ones will be.
Here the great element is the photographer, the model doesn't do anything with her face or her pose or her body, she's actually awkward.
The hair and makeup work too.
Once again it's a working solid good cover.

I really love what French Bazaar’s been doing. The only fashion magazine I’m subscribed to at the moment. Love the layout, restraint, and the visual consistency throughout each issue.

I also agree that it’s one of those rare ‘chic’ magazines we have nowadays. It may not be WOW right in your face but I think they will age very well (as history has proven with Liz’s US Bazaar). As time goes by people would appreciate its beauty more.

I really hope they continue along this path. I’m even very pleased with the casting here, Amelia looks fantastic!

I can't hate Bazaar France... yet, because it's not quite as aggressively awful as the majority of other mainstream fashion magazines (i.e. practically every edition of Vogue). But not another nepobaby model from the Real Housewives franchise, make it stop.

Amelia is good in her lane imo - Yh she bought her face like Bella but I think she’s actually good. Sue me!

1st and 2nd cover are amazing.

very Meisel the first one but we don’t care and the second cover is perfect for a magazine’s collector - vintage done right even if a little copy/paste but it looks good so we don’t care either.

Not a bad group of covers but just like Hailey Bieber, she really is only as good as the brilliance of the creative team behind each photograph and exclusively benefits from a time in fashion and technology where you can pretty much turn any random cab driver into a seemingly legit high fashion model if you just put enough energy into editing. In reality, something about this girl just exudes vulgarity.. all she really 'serves' is upper lip and that has been a cosmetic surgery disaster from day one (not unlike her mother's), it looks fine now because she's quite young but in 10 years from now, it's going to look hella scary.

PRETTY FACE
Photography:
Karim Sadli
Styling: Elodie David-Touboul
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-Up: Petros Petrophilos
Model: Amelia Gray

Harper's Bazaar France Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members