Harper’s Bazaar France September 2024 : Layla Etengan by David Sims

Very good except the hair position is too low or too high, now it’s very awkward
Finally, after Adut, PG is trying to create another superstar, and to be honest the industry as a whole should not just rely on Ashley doing all the heavy lifting

Very good except the hair position is too low or too high, now it’s very awkward
Finally, after Adut, PG is trying to create another superstar, and to be honest the industry as a whole should not just rely on Ashley doing all the heavy lifting
Is she new? I’ve never seen her, but I’m so out of the loop with models these days. I checked her IG and only see Jacquemus listed.

love it! wondering if it's the only cover...

Precious Lee? Maty Fall? Ella McCutcheon? Angelina Kendall?

These girls are not nobodies and at least two of them are huge stars in the industry, broken in by PGM. He's also had his hand in Awar and Karolina's ascent to the top even if he wasn't "the first" to cast them in their breakout shows. Ashley is still more consistent and uses Vuitton as a means to create stars but I'm getting tired of her choices. People on here don't like to give PGM any credit but he's developed a distinct, voice in casting and is now starting to make his own stars through DM Casting. And it's not like there's any other casting agent besides these two who has a clue how to create actual stars, let's keep it 100.

That said I'm not familiar with Layla, however this is a lovely, warm cover (not words I would associate with Sims on the regular). Emmanuelle's work is so much better post VP, personally I will never be a fan but her freelance work since 2011 reads as dated a lot less.

So unfortunate that the fakest fur, looking like the itchiest pine needles, had to be included. The retouching on her complexion is a tad overdone, but it’s otherwise a lush enough image. 14 years ago, this would have just been standard fare. As usual, French Bazaar’s content is always much much much stronger than their cover image.

This is a very interesting cover. First I wondered; who is this new gorgeous actress/starlet was, as she delivered on a great (cover)shoot....to find out she is a fresh/new model who just did 3 shows...
Really interesting to keep track of her, to find out how the gatekeepers" will launch/aid/form her career.
Interesting stuff!!

THE FIRST COVER OF BAZAAR FRANCE THAT I LIKE
THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE !!! ahaahahah omg
WOW the styling is doing a hell of a job.
The face WOW
The hair and makeup GORGEOUSSSS
FINALLY A TEAM that worked their a** off for once !
:flower:

Divine! This is the David Sims we love.

she looks beautiful but that fur…

Love everything about this cover! ❤️ Love the fact that it is by Alt and Sims.

I can't lie i saw David Sims in the title and was petrified but this is FAB

Layla is very new, with Supreme in NYC and Ford Paris. I don't think that's a great pic of her. If you look at her online portfolio, she is is stunning.

I don't like it, if it was not so obviously retouched it would be one of my September favourites.

Is she new? I’ve never seen her, but I’m so out of the loop with models these days. I checked her IG and only see Jacquemus listed.
exactly, to give someone almost brand new a cover is a very bold move
She did Gaultier couture too but didn’t pose it, maybe she is so new to fashion and has no idea who Gaultier is
But her Jacquemus look was awful, and I can't see her face under that sunglasses

Maybe I am over-reading this too much
But the fact that a relatively new model will only pose a single photo of a Jacuemus runway photo with sunglasses (you can barely see her face) but no image of herself in a Gaultier couture strapless down looking strong and beautiful
This explains our culture and our times in fashion and society, this is where we are now

Reminds me of this: Gen Z had no idea who Paul McCartney was

I think it's nice enough for what it is, I like the warmth! I can just image awful that synthetic fur feels, though. Ew. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brunamessner
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->