Harper’s Bazaar Italia February 2024 by Willy Vanderperre, Nathaniel Goldberg & Viviane Sassen

Ah in kinda related news… Dasha Veledeeva re-installed her IG account…

I love when they work together, so looking forward to more :heart:

Thank God for Bazaar Italia (& Bazaar France)! Although I find this edition a little bit repetitive editorial wise, but this reminds me when fashion magazine still have high standard!

Simply STUNNING and, as the cover says, DAZZLING.
This Prada is (deservingly) having its moment and here it was seen in a different enchanting way. Love love love, I'm amazed.
Can't wait for the editorial and the other contents!

Is everyone gagged because it's Rianne? I find the pose horrible, mainly the hands... the crop too isn't great imo. I think that the digital cover should've been the main print cover & cropped.

I can trust Marc Ascoli to make me like Willy’s work.
Very beautiful…

I like this because it's something different from Rianne, you don't expect to see her in 1950's style. And is 1950's style made modern if the posing is more relaxed, instead of the down-to-the-nth-degree perfectionism from the actual decade itself?

I get a slight tinge of the grotesque from the cover shot, like she's trying to uncover herself from a skin-coloured veil, but is too weak to really do so.

Neither here nor there for me. I love the images, but I'm not enjoying the cover for some reason. Perhaps I would feel different seeing it in print... Truly a stunning editorial, though.

Model: Ella Mccutcheon
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair Stylist: Joseph Pujalte
Make Up Artist: Tom Pecheux
Manicure: Christina Conrad
Production: Ana Esparza

harpersbazaar.com/it

I quite enjoy the direction Marc Ascoli has taken Bazaar Italia in, it's refined and tasteful to a fault though I wish it didn't always feel so visually cold (case in point, the Goldberg editorial above).

Nathaniel Goldberg, Willy Vanderperre and even Nick Knight's work has a distinct sterile feel with a digital sheen that doesn't always speak to me, especially when they're used in tandem. He needs to look for photographers who can bring a certain amount of sexuality, daring and warmth to the pages of his Bazaar, something to jolt readers and to balance the cool detached mood that his current photographers bring to the pages.

That said, I do appreciate a publication that is at least confidently trying to produce something refined in these times, I just think it needs to go further than this at this point. A small dose of warmth, glamour and sexuality would go a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->