Harper’s Bazaar Italia September 2023 by Nathaniel Goldberg & Mark Kean

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Mariacarla Boscono by Nathaniel Goldberg:

Cover #2 with Alix Bouthors by Mark Kean:

The Mark Kean's cover was enough. Mariacarla lately is really not good...

And please don't tell me they don't have any icons in Italia. Would have been grandiose to have Miuccia wearing Prada/Miu Miu.

It’s not bad. But it’s all so terribly unexciting.

NOPE. Yet again boring covers which have no flavour.
I watch this and compare to Dua Lipa's Vogue France and I know french Vogue did better.

instead of "striking" they should have put "strike" We don't wanna try" or "stroke" which is what we felt at seeing this. Terrible covers...

When it'll be on newsstands i can try to shot some pages....but it doesn't look promising...

MC (as much as i admire her) needs to take a break.

I like the second cover.
I actually like Bazaar Italia. I think that they missed an opportunity here…
Marc Ascoli can get who ever he wants in the industry and he could have had major Italian icons so it’s a pity to have such a boring offering.

I dont think MCB is to blame for the first cover, its the photographer and most importantly the team that picked that aprticular shot as the cover. The second one has a nice retro feel due to the croppping and styling though the model isnt giving that extra effort that would make it pop. It looks more like a nicr editorial pic.

Rather disappointed in Goldberg. What a waste of potential! Washed out colors with red tones just don't work for me, it looks very dated and that big chunk of black that I suppose is some part of the dress... It's very random and quite ugly, disrupting the entire composition of the cover.

Kean sort of saves the day with an uneventful, but rather effective cover. I've come to appreciate simplicity when it comes to magazine covers and a clean studio shot with great layout does wonders for me. I much prefer this cover and I like that it continues the theme of their previous covers - I do respect consistency. Love what the model is wearing and I like the pose. It's no September worthy extravaganza, but that's not what fashion is about anymore anyway.

COME AS YOU ARE
Photography:
Mark Kean
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair: Franziska Presche
Make-up: Gemma Smith-Edhouse
Model: Alix Bouthors

Harper's Bazaar Italia Digital Edition

GOLDEN HOUR
Photography:
Lucrezia Ganazzoli
Styling: Maria Giulia Riva
Hair: Sébastien Richard
Make-up: Cosetta Giorgetti
Model: Lainey Hearn

Harper's Bazaar Italia Digital Edition

Thanks dear @Zorka for sharing...

Mariacarla looks bad....if you compare her on the DG windows in Milan she looks amazing under Meisel in bw photos..but here she looks lifeless(specially on the studio ones), i only like picture 3 and picture 10...the rest worthless, too bad...

and you see same stylist on the second story and looks much better, im not dying for but it's better...

third story...cute

Only two fashion editorials and one jewel story for a September issue?

Only two fashion editorials and one jewel story for a September issue?

Yes, the rest is a shared/reprinted content with/from US Harper's Bazaar.

it’s all very underwhelming. I mean you have Mariacarla and that’s the result?

The Kendall cover is also printed…i thought it was only digital or inside cover but no i just saw it at the newsstand…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->