Harper's Bazaar Singapore January 2024 : Cindy Crawford by Yu Tsai

Ugh I don't like the cover at all.
She looks tired and the styling on that cover is quite bad.
I wished they used the 3rd photo with that long coat and the gorgeous boots.
Cindy is ALWAYS a hit or a miss for me and it has always been the case since the 90's.
Say what you will but Linda or Christy ALWAYS shine in every single shoot.
Cindy is either brilliant or mediocre (going bad), there's no ''in-between'' with her.
The same goes with her overall work : she was bad on the runway and good on shoots.
She was and still is (just by looking at this shoot) the expert of commercial images.
For high fashion she seems to have never been ''equipped'' with that bone in her body lol.
Having said all of this though, I admire her business savvy and POWER as a CEO.
Every single interview of hers is absolutely inspiring.

I love the cover and editorial, for the first time they didnt over retouch her to look plastic. This reminds me of her more effortless girl next door vibe in the 90s.

Cindy looks great!
she still has that glamazon aura that helped define her and still reminds us why even in a rather formulaic editorial like this one, she was/ is called a supermodel.

Love the cover. Cindy looks natural and beautiful with normal facial expressions.

I was a major fan of Cindy in the early 90s. As a fashion model, she might have had limited range, but as a commercial model, she was a powerhouse, and she sold the idea of being in control of her career – it wasn’t another sad story of a model being exploited by everyone around her and ending up on a scrapheap. As an impressionable teen, she never made me feel bad about myself.

But by the end of the 90s, I’d lost interest, and I’ve never seen anything in the decades since that’s truly recaptured her glory. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s age, because Gisele is also very commercial - and now in her mid-40s - and any time she turns up in a magazine, it reminds you of the meaning of “supermodel”.

My personal conspiracy theory was always that Cindy had cosmetic surgery on her eyes sometime in the late 90s that added a flinty look to her expression that’s never gone away. A minor procedure - but it was enough to alter something in her face, long before the natural process of ageing which affects us all in the end.

SUPER TROOPER
Photography:
Yu Tsai
Styling: Deborah Afshani
Hair: Rob Talty
Make-up: Melanie Ingelessis
Model: Cindy Crawford

Harper's Bazaar Singapore Digital Edition

ALL DRESSED UP (Shared content with Harper's Bazaar Germany January 2024)
Photography: Sofia Sanchez & Mauro Mongiello
Styling: Kai Margrander
Hair: Kelly Peach
Make-up: Lottie
Model: Alay Deng

FRILL SEEKER
Photography:
Stefan Khoo
Styling: Jeffrey Yan
Hair: Ken Hong
Make-up: Clarence Lee
Model: Kaimin Hu

Honestly, I just cannot bring myself to dislike or complain over the sight of Cindy Crawford. I do love how vibrant and fresh this feels - perfect for a month like January. Not exactly an impossible task but Cindy looks fantastic here, love both the fashion and beauty styling. All just feels right whenever one of the supermodels is gracing us with their presence!

Yeah…no.
She is committed to her branding. I mean Glamazon in pantsuits in the bushes is definitely a new thing I guess.
I’m bored by Cindy’s work.
The last time I was interested in what she had to offer was when she appeared on VP during Carine’s years.

I would rather see Eva Herzigova.

That being said, she looks great.

No comment on the others Eds…

I wouldn't usually look through HB Singapore - there just isn't enough time to read through all these editions - but flicking through this one, I did enjoy how energetic and bright the entire issue was. It had the commercial touch of Glenda Bailey about it, with all the depth of a puddle, but it felt cheerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fs3322
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->