Harvey Nichols Shooting

travis_nw8

mmmmmm...fashion....
Reaction score
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it's a very odd story that happened last night in the knightsbridge store:unsure:

(from vogue.com)
HARVEY NICHOLS SHOOTING
spacer.gif
SHOPPERS fled Harvey Nichols in terror last night, after a former security guard shot dead a store beautician and then turned the gun on himself in the main ground floor of the London flagship. The identities of the victims, in their 30s, and the circumstances of their deaths are still unclear, but reports are circulating that the man had become obsessed with the woman, who had not returned his advances. According to an emailed statement from Scotland Yard, both were pronounced dead at the scene, which took place just before closing causing a mass panic and a rush for the doors. "It was about 7.45pm," another staff member told reporters. "I was looking at my watch ready to go home, then bang, bang, bang, bang - four gunshots downstairs. It was really scary. There was no announcement. We just heard people screaming and ran." No passers-by were injured and police aren't seeking anybody else in connection with the shooting. Cordons placed around the store last night had been removed this morning. (September 14, 2005, AM)

(from a second source- SA N/P)

London - A woman and a man died following a burst of gunfire in the unlikely surroundings of the perfume department in an exclusive London department store, Harvey Nichols, police and witnesses said.

Witnesses described how the man, aged in his 30s, had shot the woman, who was in her 20s, and then turned the gun on himself.

Police at Scotland Yard said they were not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident, which took place at about 19:45 on the ground floor of the Knightsbridge store in west London.

"It appears the female sustained a gunshot wound or wounds first followed by the male," a spokesperson said, adding that both the victims were white.

Establishing identities

A police spokesperson said officers were trying to piece together what happened "but are not currently seeking anyone else in connection with the incident."

"We are currently making inquiries to establish their identities."

A 26-year-old woman, who worked at Harvey Nichols but did not give her name, said she had been waiting for the store to close so she could go home.

"Then bang, bang, bang - four gunshots downstairs," she told Britain's domestic Press Association.

"A girl got shot. There were shoppers still walking around totally unaware," the shop assistant said.

"It was really scary. There was no announcement. We just heard people screaming and ran ... We were all terrified. We thought maybe it was a bomb."

Shopper Charlotte O'Leary said she had been told that an ex-security guard had shot a beauty counter worker before turning the gun on himself.

"The waitress we spoke to apparently had been informed by police and they said it was an ex-security guard who had walked into Harvey Nichols, shot dead one of the girls behind the makeup counter and then shot himself," she told BBC News. The police spokesperson said the area had been cordoned off as officers conducted their inquiries.

I just heard of this on sky news...

the picture is from the sky news website...

Can't help but notice one of the witnesses has some sort of paddington (or some sort of fake? it looks odd)

but anyway, read this in metro this morning. So sad

Meg said:
Can't help but notice one of the witnesses has some sort of paddington (or some sort of fake? it looks odd)

can't stop fashion , eh? (just kidding):wink:
but it's the oddest story- murder on the shopfloor.i was there just a couple of hours earlier buying an ammonite on the 4th floor..

pretty scary egh? poor girl that was killed. how awful.

Ahh it's sad when things like that happen, I'm sure an innocent woman...it's strange what peoples minds can do to them.

oh my god, that sounds really scary! i'm just glad no one else was hurt or injured.

^ I agree, its just very unusual for a shooting like that. I hope they figure out what happened exactly...:unsure:

Apparently the murderer was the woman's boyfriend. He must have been completely emotionally unstable. It's so sad.

The story I read, was that the killer, was a previous security Guard there and was totally obsessed with this lady who worked behind the beauty counter. He had made advances on her, and she had declined. So obviously he went out of his way to take revenge in a rather sickening way.

he said to her on various occasions :if i cannot have you then nobody can!

He should have known better. No snobby Harvey Nichols girl would date a Security Guard . Don't know what made him think to shoot her though.

That's horrible...
I was there a couple of weeks ago...
I felt like Tiffany's, you know, "nothing bad could ever happen in here"

:shock: creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"