I Can't Wait For This Mugshot: Shia Labeouf Arrested!

Awww I still love him :lol:

What's the harm if he looks drunk in a store? :blink: that seems rather rude.. or is that common to happen? I don't know but if I were asked to leave I wouldn't have gone quietly either!

Actor LaBeouf arrested while in Chicago to shoot 'Eagle Eye'

33646458wf5.jpg

Shia LaBeouf was arrested in downtown Chicago early Sunday morning after allegedly refusing to leave a Walgreens at 757 North Michigan Avenue. (Mug shot released by Chicago Police Dept. / November 5, 2007)

By Terry Armour and Mary Owen | Tribune staff reporters
6:24 AM CST, November 6, 2007

Actor Shia LaBeouf was hanging out at a trendy River North nightclub known for its celebrity sightings shortly before being arrested early Sunday at a downtown Chicago Walgreens.

LaBeouf, a rising star who is in Chicago to film a movie, was at the Underground nightclub, 56 W. Illinois St., on Saturday night and left about 2 a.m. Sunday, said Maura Daley, a club spokeswoman.

She declined further comment, but added: "His unrelated incident is very unfortunate, and we wish Mr. LaBeouf all the best."

The 21-year-old actor who starred in "Disturbia" and "Transformers" and is the star of the upcoming Indiana Jones sequel, was arrested about 2:25 a.m. in the Walgreens at 757 N. Michigan Ave., police said.

A security guard called police after LaBeouf refused to leave the 24-hour store, said Monique Bond, Chicago police spokeswoman. He was asked to leave several times, she said. The guard signed a complaint, and the actor was cited on a misdemeanor count of trespassing, police said.

"The report does not indicate that he was with a group. [It] appears that he was alone," Bond said. "[There is] no indication of damaging property or interfering with other customers."

LaBeouf, a California resident, was taken to the Near North police district and posted bail about 7 a.m., police said. His next court date is Nov. 28.

Near North District Capt. Randall Zawis said that the actor was well-mannered and polite during the arrest. "Sometimes, people see the error of their ways and come around," Zawis said. "I think he opted for that."

A Walgreens spokeswoman declined Monday to discuss the incident.

Rich Moskal, head of the Chicago film office, said the DreamWorks film doesn't begin shooting in the Chicago area until Tuesday, with production moving downtown on Friday. "Eagle Eye" is scheduled to shoot in Chicago until Nov. 17.

The publicist for "Eagle Eye," starring LaBeouf as a slacker who along with a single mom (Rosario Dawson) unwittingly uncovers a terrorist plot, could not be reached for comment Monday.

News of the arrest quickly spread on celebrity gossip Web sites. Before noon, LeBeouf's mug shut was posted on the Smoking Gun Web site along with those of other celebrities who have been arrested.

During an interview with the Tribune in 2005 to promote "The Greatest Game Ever Played," the then 19-year-old LaBeouf said he wanted to avoid the pitfalls of other young actors and actresses, particularly Lindsay Lohan, whose career has been overshadowed by off-the-set problems, including alcohol abuse.

"There is a different kind of reaction a person gives to Lindsay Lohan than to Anthony Hopkins," LaBeouf said. "I want that. I don't want the other side of it, and I try to stay away from that. I realize the position I'm in and how fast it happened. It's humbling, and it's crazy. I'm going for more than a five-year career here."

(image & source: Trib)

But does anyone else find this not that bad? Very white trash, yes, but its not like he broke a serious law.

I guess the only reason it even made a moderate sized ripple is because of all of the self righteous smack he talks in interviews...

Aww...I always thought he was cute, and seemed down to earth and real.

:shock: is that really him ?
i saw that picture on Facebook! :shock: someone's userpic
Seemed familiar...
but I don't think it really looks like him
Certainly looks quite good :lol: despite drunk as someone said

Charges against Shia LaBeouf are dropped

Shia LaBeouf no longer faces criminal charges for refusing to leave a downtown drugstore last month.

The 21-year-old "Transformers" star was in a Chicago courtroom for only minutes Wednesday before prosecutors said they had received a letter from Walgreen Co. and a security company saying they didn't want to continue the case.

LaBeouf, unshaven and wearing a black jacket, didn't speak but smiled at the news. He was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing after being arrested at about 2:30 a.m. Nov. 4.

Police said a security guard told LaBeouf, of Glendale, Calif., that he needed to leave the Walgreens store because he appeared to be drunk, but he refused. Police didn't administer a sobriety test because LaBeouf wasn't driving a vehicle.

After the hearing, LaBeouf evaded reporters and fans.

"All I can tell you is we're grateful and he's on his way back to work and so am I," said Terry Gillespie, one of the lawyers who represented the actor.

LaBeouf co-stars with Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," due in theaters next year.

(This version CORRECTS with prosecutors mentioning letter, sted reading it in court. Walgreen Co. is CQ.)

(source: Yahoo! News)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->