Has Anyone Tried Ordering An Item From Overseas?

faust

Reaction score
Hey, all. I was wondering if anyone tried to order a piece of clothing from a boutique overseas. I know it can be done with furniture, but I don't know if it can be done with clothes.

I'm trying to hunt down a rare item that's sold out in the US.

yah- I had a bag sent fr Paris and a dress sent fr London. Make sure you want it , because shipping and customes fees get tricky if you want to rtrn. it was complicated-the company in Paris didn't ship to the US, so I had it sent to a friend in Londodn, who then sent it to me. where there's a will, there's a way! I had to have the bag!!! :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 5th, 2004 - 2:25 pm
yah- I had a bag sent fr Paris and a dress sent fr London. Make sure you want it , because shipping and customes fees get tricky if you want to rtrn. it was complicated-the company in Paris didn't ship to the US, so I had it sent to a friend in Londodn, who then sent it to me. where there's a will, there's a way! I had to have the bag!!! :heart:
Have you ever tried ordering from Antwerp?

Originally posted by faust@Feb 5th, 2004 - 3:12 pm

Have you ever tried ordering from Antwerp?
noooo...but....I assume it's no problem as long as you pay shipping. They are very shopping saavy in that town. Lot's of great shopping!
the dries store is amazing! my boyfriend got a bunch of stuff.

you want those demeulemeester boots, don't you/! :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 5th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
you want those demeulemeester boots, don't you/! :wink:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buzz:
How did you know???!!!

They probably won't have them either by now, but who knows... Maybe they have men's left (I'm a guy btw :wink: ). I almost scored them in Jeffrey's, but they didn't have my size.

I love Antwerp shopping, and I love the city. I love Ann Demeulemeester boutique and Dries van Noten too. Also, I think Louis is an awesome store. I hear Dirk Bikkimbergs and Vernique Branqhuino opened stores there recently (last time I was there was almost a year ago).

I really would love to move there. I love the night life (Velvet lounge and the Little Buddha) and the wonderful strip of modern architecture along the river as well as the old architecture!!!

why dont you get the representative of demeulemeester in manhattan to get them for you...????
they should have this service for their clients :unsure:
obviously you make them understand that you really want trhem and even pay them but they can do the JOB for you.
thats what i always do when its possible :innocent:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 5th, 2004 - 4:32 pm
why dont you get the representative of demeulemeester in manhattan to get them for you...????
obviously you make them understand that you really want trhem and even pay them but they can do the JOB for you.
Unfortunately-we don't have a demeulemeester store in NY and there isn't even a showroom-(it's in Paris). Faust is right, he'll have to go through Antwerp. I think it's her only freestanding store...Barney's does carry shoes, but not the whole line...you might also try colette in paris...

faust-i figured you were a guy-it was probably hard to tell that i'm a girl because I do tend to dress in a very androgynous way. My boyfriend and I have several of the same shoes, etc. If I were a boy-I'd be wearing a lot of hedi slimane. I think girls look good in ties and boys look good in skirts. I'm an equal opprtunity fashion freak. xx :lol:

good luck finding the boots, if I have a brilliant idea for you, I'll let you know...

Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 5th, 2004 - 5:21 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 5th, 2004 - 5:21 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Feb 5th, 2004 - 4:32 pm
Unfortunately-we don't have a demeulemeester store in NY and there isn't even a showroom-(it's in Paris). Faust is right, he'll have to go through Antwerp. I think it's her only freestanding store...Barney's does carry shoes, but not the whole line...you might also try colette in paris...

faust-i figured you were a guy-it was probably hard to tell that i'm a girl because I do tend to dress in a very androgynous way. My boyfriend and I have several of the same shoes, etc. If I were a boy-I'd be wearing a lot of hedi slimane. I think girls look good in ties and boys look good in skirts. I'm an equal opprtunity fashion freak. xx :lol:

good luck finding the boots, if I have a brilliant idea for you, I'll let you know...[/b][/quote]
Thanks. I had an idea of calling Jeffrey's in Atlanta... only they don't care men's shoes :wacko:

Yea, I think Ann has only one store in the world.

Barneys carries only women's Ann stuff (and those boots never even went on sale, thanks Nicole and Vogue :sick: )

Maxfield in LA careyes alot of Ann D., you coudl call them.

I'm in the US and I ordered from Japan and Brazil. The shipping is expensive :smile:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:01 am
men's too?

Originally posted by faust+Feb 6th, 2004 - 8:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Feb 6th, 2004 - 8:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Feb 6th, 2004 - 1:01 am
men's too? [/b][/quote]
yes, mens to, although if it is a/w it mayme at the'outlet' store, wish is actually down the block from the main store, so they can help you to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->