Haute Couture F/W 2019.20 Open Discussion Thread

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
It's that time on the calendar again... the Haute Couture season for Fall 2019 is upon us with the first major show being Christian Dior on Monday!

Who's excited? Which show are you most anticipating?

I expect more boring pretty dresses...as usual.

Tbh, for me the first major show is Ralph Rucci. This kind of Old School Couture with a personality is kinda refreshing.

MGC will serve her usual stuff. Dior will spend millions on a massive set for a boring parade of ballerina dresses.

Tbh, for me the first major show is Ralph Rucci. This kind of Old School Couture with a personality is kinda refreshing.

Ralph Rucci making couture again? Great! I didn´t know it. I love his "suspended panels" technique.

Then I am excited for Rucci show!

Last edited:
A preview from Rucci´s instagram. The cut of that japanese sleeve is amazing!! :clap:

rucci.JPG

Ralph Rucci making couture again? Great! I didn´t know it. I love his "suspended panels" technique.

Then I am excited for Rucci show!
Yes! RR331
While very modern in techniques and timeless in shapes, his Couture has that kind of old School quality to them.

I just love it for some reason.

I'm excited for Valentino, always and forever.
Aganovich, Iris Van Herpen and Viktor&Rolf. Curious more than anything else regarding Margiela and Gaultier. It breaks my heart the way JPG has been stuck creatively but given his brilliant past I'll keep giving him the benefit of the doubt.
And now I'm excited for Rucci. That looks really good!

Dior's livestream is about to start on the website. Here's a preview of the show space inside Dior's Avenue Montaigne HQ (designed in collaboration with artist Penny Slinger) here:

A glimpse into Chanel’s show space inside The Grand Palais:

Snoozefest so far.

Nothing so far has garnered any emotional response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->