Heather Morris

Alvedansen

Reaction score
Heather Elizabeth Morris (born February 1, 1987) is an American actress, dancer, and singer best known for her role as the cheerleader Brittany Pierce in the musical comedy series Glee.

Early life
Born in Thousand Oaks, California but raised in Scottsdale, Arizona, she was introduced to dancing when she was one year old.
Morris' father passed away when she was 14 years old. "It's something that is hard for me, because I'm sad about it, but I don't dwell on it," she said during an interview workshop with students in December 2009. "I know he's in a better place, instead of suffering."

Career
Morris' first significant appearance was in 2006 on So You Think You Can Dance Season 2 where she made the "green mile" but failed to make the final 20 by a vote of 3-2.
Not discouraged, Morris decided to move to LA and actively pursue a career in dancing. Her big break came in 2007 via Beyoncé. Morris was one of Beyoncé's backup dancers on The Beyoncé Experience world tour and, following that, worked again with Beyoncé on a mini "Single Ladies" promotional tour that included 2008 performances on the American Music Awards, Saturday Night Live, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Today, and MTV's Total Request Live Finale. She also danced backup for Beyoncé and Tina Turner at the 50th Grammy Awards in 2008.
Her second big break came via a small role in the movie Fired Up, where she met choreographer Zach Woodlee. Following that film, Woodlee brought Morris in to dance on other shows he was choreographing, including episodes of Eli Stone and Swingtown, the movie Bedtime Stories, and eventually Glee.
Morris was taking acting classes and actively pursuing an acting career when Beyoncé asked her to join another world tour. Morris, however, turned her down. "She said, 'I'm really sad because I'm losing my token white girl!'" Morris told interviewer Tim O'Shei during a Live! Starring ... You! program at Hard Rock Cafe in Niagara Falls, NY, in December 2009.
Shortly thereafter, she was asked by Woodlee to teach the choreography for Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" dance to the Glee actors. At the same time, the show was looking for a third cheerleader, and Morris ended up landing the role of Brittany.
wikipedia

Leaving the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood - September 25, 2010

At the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards - 29.08.10

2010 Teen Choice Awards - August 8, 2010

source of all pics:tlfan.to

i love her hair and makeup at the TCAs:blush:

''Glee'' Season 2 Premiere Screening And Party in Hollywood - September 7, 2010

tlfan.to

Inaugural Thirst Project Gala in Santa Monica - June 29, 2010

tlfan.to

Out at night in London - December 4, 2010

''Glee'' Promo September 2010

Macy's ''Glee'' Apparel Launch Event in LA August 21, 2010

tlfan.to

''Glee'' Panel at Comic-Con 2010 - Day 4 July 25, 2010[FONT=&quot]

tlfan.to
[/FONT]

Named Ambassador For Flirt Cosmetics in NYC - December 16, 2010

tlfan.to

Fox's "Glee" Spring Premiere Soiree - 12/04/10

Nylon - Sep 2010

celebrity-paradise

I'm not a huge fan of her style, but she is an incredible dancer & I love her character on Glee :lol:

Fulfillment Fund Stars Benefit Gala - November 1, 2010

glee-web

Glee's Heather Morris' Must-Have Beauty Products

heather-morris-01.jpg

Darlings, I grew up in a seriously television-deprived household. Barring the odd National Geographic special, my mom didn't really let me watch anything. Oh, how I ached for the salacious 90210! I'm quite certain that's why these days I am a television addict. I consume it like water, gulping down oversize portions of The Vampire Diaries, Greek, and Gossip Girl. But nothing, nothing, quite matches the ardor I have for Glee. My favorite star? Twenty-three-year-old Heather Morris, whose ditzy Brittany S. Pierce throws out the most wonderfully daft one-liners. Teen Vogue caught up with the Arizona native--read on!

Teen Vogue: "In your pre-Glee days, how was working with Beyoncé on her Single Ladies tour as a backup dancer?"

Heather Morris: "We had twelve-hour days of nonstop dancing. It was so cool to go around the world."

Teen Vogue: What's the secret behind your superfit body?

Heather Morris: Adrenaline! Though, I always make sure I get eight hours of sleep because I know that that feeds my energy the next day.

Teen Vogue: How was high school for you?

Heather Morris: Honestly, I didn't enjoy it. My dad passed away before my freshman year, and it altered how I thought. I was depressed--I didn't hang out with my friends. I worked through it by dancing.

Teen Vogue: What's your favorite Brittany S. Pierce one-liner?

Heather Morris: "When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist." I think it made people think about whether or not misogynist was actually a word.

Teen Vogue: What would be your dream song to sing on Glee?

Heather Morris: I would die to do "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid! I used to sit on a rock and sing that when I was four. I've wanted to perform my entire life. I found a paper I wrote in kindergarten class about what I wanted to be when I grew up--and I wrote "a famous singer"!

Teen Vogue: Tell us about your contest with Flirt!

Heather Morris: I'm looking for someone fun and playful to costar with me in a Flirt! online video.

Teen Vogue: What are your must-have products?

Heather Morris: I like Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner--it's so light, which is important because my fine hair gets oily. Flirt!'s mascara is insane--I don't need false lashes when I wear it. Like most dancers, I love lip stains! We hate gloss because hair gets stuck in it. And I like Proactiv as well as Olay wipes, which I use to get off all my makeup.

Teen Vogue:
What are your other hobbies?

Heather Morris: Crocheting baby blankets! My mom volunteers at a teen pregnancy support center. One day she handed me a ball of yarn, and I got hooked--knitting is so relaxing. I also bought a camera recently, and my roommate and I are trying to start a production company. We're finishing up our first short film, which will be on Funnyordie.com. Clearly, I hate having downtime!

teenvogue

She was hilarious in that Brittney episode!

FOX 2011 Winter Press Tour party - January 11, 2011

superiorpics

On the set of Glee

Fox So Fresh 2010/2011 Photoshoot

superiorpics, celebutopia

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary
Back