Heidi Klum sued

wrngco

Reaction score
I cannot stand Heidi !!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
NEW YORK: Luxury jeweller Van Cleef and Arpels sued German supermodel and television star Heidi Klum's company, claiming she copied a vintage clover jewellery design.

The suit, filed in Manhattan federal court, seeks more than $25,000 (BD9,375) in damages from Klum's company Heidi Klum GmbH and Mouawad USA, another company she has designed jewellery for.

It said both companies attempted to gain benefit from Van Cleef's esteemed reputation by creating and selling a similar clover design from Van Cleef's vintage Alhambra jewellery line.

Van Cleef & Arpels Inc is owned by luxury goods group Richemont.

Klum is married to British singer Seal and has three children. She hosts the Bravo reality cable television show Project Runway, which features aspiring designers vying for a chance to get a start in the fashion world.

She gained fame in the late 1990s modelling lingerie for retailer Victoria's Secret and swimsuits, most notably on the cover of Sports Illustra-ted magazine's popular swimsuit edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of a Van Cleef necklace from www.overstockjeweler.com

Here is the link to a very very similar necklace from Heidi's line from QVC. I think Van Cleef may have a case here. But we see this stuff all the time, especially at Forever 21 :ninja:

Sure it's similar. But I've seen that clover design all over the place.

I'm guessing it's easier to take on one person like Heidi than to take on brands and chain stores.

The FIRST time I saw her with the necklace I thought twas Van Cleef ... later on i found out that she designed it ...

I want the b*tch to pay ... nothing personal, but the copy is so absolutely blatantly alike!!!!

spike,as much as i wholeheartedly agree with that,i also feel that any blatant copy-cat generating much cash flow should be held accounted for.

and she goes on PR and calls other people unoriginal?! to be that hypocritical,the girl's really got marbles for brains.

Its weird because they do look similiar but the clover is a symbol of good luck so a lot of people are going to do it. I don't think she copied and I don't think that van cleef has copyrighted the clover design. I suspect that's the reason she was only sued for $25k because that's nothing.

i'm just curious about the amount that's been sued for.

is it standard for the amount to be so ...lowish...

So much for her being a "designer" or judging taleneted designers what a joke
she has zero credibility except the Weinsteins gave her a producing deal

$25,000 should be nothing for her.....why don't they sue her for more??

her line is sooooo boring, everything revolves around that same shape... there's nothing interesting about it.

i'm just curious about the amount that's been sued for.

is it standard for the amount to be so ...lowish...

honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of money she is being sued for....VC&A have tons & tons of money. I think their motive is to tarnish her image rather than collect money.

VC&A probably believe that it is worse to tarnish someone's image than to collect a monetary sum....just my opinion....

i hope they tarnish her "image" uggh I am so sorry she and Tyra are just loathesome in my book

I was also surprised about how little the sued for. I always knew it was just a matter of time before she got sued.

They're suing her for only $25k? Like others say, it's probably just a not-so-friendly way of wrecking her image and making a statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->