Heidi Klum sued

I'm probably missing something but why some many people hate Heidi Klum? :unsure:

^^You are not the only one. I don't get the hate especially for this. Seeing how the clover is a common one. It doesn't really look like she copied them but they do look similar.

I remember Heidi claiming she got the inspiration for the clover symbol from a church in Italy, but even if that's true, it's stupid of her to use. She must certainly have known Van Cleef.

I remember Heidi claiming she got the inspiration for the clover symbol from a church in Italy, but even if that's true, it's stupid of her to use. She must certainly have known Van Cleef.

If it's true what she says about where she got her inspiration from
so be it. You say how "stupid" it seems to you...give the girl a break.
If she didn't have the fame with the name "Heidi Klum" I'm sure the story
would be much different. People make mistakes. How many people
are there in this world who are artists, creators etc. who try to think
up of things in their head that they truely feel is original, "original?"
In my life time I've seen so many work from many artists who I have
mistaken one over the other just by looking at their work.
(Mostley photography). How about MP3 players like ZUNE? To me they
totally copied the iPod but you don't hear anything from iMac company
wanting to sue them? How about Dell computers? They have just
released a desktop computer that is very similar to the iMac desktop.
Or how about songs that singers write and sometimes the song sounds
so much like 20 other songs out there? The list goes on and on and on!
There are so many similarities out there I'm surprised there aren't
companies, artists etc. sueing eachother left and right. :innocent:

I'm sorry I don't like her in a Tyra way
she seems soooo full of herself and the similarity is sooo undeniable
is she Forever 21 status but for 100 times the price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure why other people dont like her ... but theres something about her ... she hasnt done anything for me to not like her ... to me its organic ... like the same way i dont like lima beans ... i just dont ...

And theyre obviously going for $25000 cuz its a matter of principles ... they dont wanna damage their image either ... go Van Cleef!

As said in the movie "Deathproof":
"Im gonna tap that *ss!!!!"

It is very weird that they are only suing for 25k, but if they were just out to get her, they would sue for a heck of a lot more. Clearly, they just want some vindication. It would be very simple for Heidi to just pay a settlement and create some new designs. I am sure they will sell well. You can sell anything on QVC. :lol:

Well I know in small claims court the amount must be "under 25K"
I think they said damages in "excess of 25K" meaning it may get larger and they had to not file in small claims (that would be so dumb anyway -small claims)

I think they are only suing for $25k because they really can't win and they want to tarnish her image. They probably also waited a long time because they wanted to find an instance of where copyright looks somewhat apparent. They probably have one. That being said seeing how the clover is a very recognizable symbol like a mouse Van Cleef doesn't stand much of a chance unless they copyrighted the Clover for Jewelry which I am sure they didn't do. Because if they had they would have sued a long time ago.

Seriously that´s just stupid.....I agree to everything you said yellowstar09!

And by the way, I love Heidi!!!

:rofl: :rofl: People should just leave the designing to the designers better then pasting your name on something then getting sued. *cough*

^ Right! She is being sued for something she most likely didn't even design herself....:innocent:

Muawad issued a statement:
"We believe this claim has no merit. It's clear that shapes like clovers, hearts, crosses, etc, are universal symbols and are commonly used in jewelry."
"Heidi has been wearing her pieces on Project Runway and we've seen them become quite popular," he added, "The clover has always been in fashion and you can see that many other luxury jewelry houses have their own interpretations of this wonderful shape such as Louis Vuitton and Chopard. "

I really like Heidi but it's about time VCA sued! I agree that the clover design has been used a lot over the years but she clearly has KO the VCA alhambra line.

Attachments

• clover.jpg
    clover.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back