Helmut Lang Pre-Fall 2024 New York

The video is cheesy, it reminds me of a hidden camera show (like "Just for Laughs"...I was expecting a model to fall or something).

As for the collection, part of it is very literal (to the point of being clearly gimmicky); and the other part has nothing to do with Lang.

Helmut Lang clothes were about being avantgarde and modern in effortless way. This collection looks like the opposite of it.

Its an excellent collection of contemporary interesting Careerwear. It has nothing to do with HL and in SOME ways feels like TF.

Feels like Sandro or Theory. So it hits the mark.

Looks very wearable, some fit issues on the models here and there for what Helmut Lang is...but overall a nice vibe.

It's very fussy. Too many bits and bobs to the styling tricks to make it appear more "Helmut Lang" when the core of it still doesn't fit exactly right.

Peter Do is just too precise and forcefully "cool" to feel truly modern and effortless. It's too considered so the clothes don't feel very timeless, just wardrobe filler which Lang really isn't. I'd say Peter is too fearful as a designer to actually challenge himself to go outside of his own bubble. A scenario where his own acute self awareness of how he comes across is detrimental to his design philosophy and progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->