Help Me To Clean A Spot From My Balenciaga Bag

crazyfordior

Reaction score
[FONT=Geneva]<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Impact'> :angry: Please, sombody of you knows hot to clean out a oil spot from my Balenciaga motorcycle pale green handbag? I've tried with water, but the spot is still in and I'm afraid to ruin the leather and to cancel the color....Please help me, thanks :( </span></span>[/FONT]

Originally posted by crazyfordior@Aug 3 2004, 12:17 AM
[FONT=Geneva]<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Impact'> :angry: Please, sombody of you knows hot to clean out a oil spot from my Balenciaga motorcycle pale green handbag? I've tried with water, but the spot is still in and I'm afraid to ruin the leather and to cancel the color....Please help me, thanks :( </span></span>[/FONT]
[snapback]320924[/snapback]​

It's nearly impossible to clean oil from leather.. the leather absorbs the oil and kind of darkens the pigment on the bag... kind of like a newly bought baseball glove.. once you put that glove oil on, the color is darker for pretty much ever

My mum got a mark on her Marc Jacobs sofia, it was a sort of smooth spot, where the leather should have been more grainy, it's not really that noticeable, but impossible to get out.

I think it was caused by rain, no-one really knows!

Hope you get the spot out, anyway :wink:

I once got an oily spot off a khaki leather jacket , by buying 3 pots of shoe dye ( the kind that dries on the shoe like a permanent skin ) in green , brown and white . It's available in the UK in lots of different shades - Lady Esquire - Punch - is the brand name .

I mixed a few drops of each in a saucer , until I had reached almost the exact shade of khaki , knowing that it dries SLIGHTLY lighter , and then painted over it with the VERY TINIEST and SLIMMEST artists' water colour brush , obtained from an art shop .

The oil spot was covered and it has NOT reappeared .

You COULD try this if you are brave enough !!!

KIT :lucky:

B) :wink: Thanks to all of you about your replies :heart: . I will follow your suggest and I really hope to solve my problem. I'm leaving for holidays, so...see you then and happy holidays everybody!! :flower: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greg1979
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->