Hemming Jeans Help - name of tailor in london please

wob

Reaction score
im looking for a great place in london that can take up my jeans and do them well so they dont look like theyve been taken up! so they look like i bought them with the right leg length in the first place!

ive seen some really bad jobs done on taking up jeans and i dont want that to happen to mine!

any recommendations?

Shortening jeans isn't that hard. I really can't imagine how you would be able to see a "bad job" (unless it was something really stupid like using the wrong color thread :smile: ).

Anyone who can handle a sewing machine will be able to help you. :flower:

ive seen A LOT of really obviously taken up ones in the past... the hem just isn't worn and flattened like a bought pair are... i think its a real art to do it so you cant tell they've been done...

Someone told me that it is called "original hem", however I'm not sure if it would be called the same thing in London. Hope this helps. :smile:

I have jeans hemmed quite a bit, and over time the hem takes on the appearance of "worn-ness" but initially the hem isn't as "ridgy", its not that big a deal to me and on dark jeans I like the clean hem anyway. the technique that floatingworld is speaking of cuts off the originally hem and resews it on top of the jean bottom.

thats really interesting! i now just need some suggestions of great (reliable) places to get this done in London......?

ps. thanks, whoever changed the thread title.. new one makes more international sense! :D

just googled 'original hem' - genius! that'll work with one pair but maybe not the other coz they are 5 inches or so too long (they were in a sale and fit everywhere but the leg length)....... or maybe it can still work?

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->