Hemming Women's Pants...length?

Just chiming in to say I don't have a magic hemming wand either ... but wish I did. I don't like having to mess around with hems and I've always liked my skirts very long (elongating and comfortable), so I generally buy cropped pants and leave skirts alone. But even so this has been bugging me ... Cropped pants on me are still fairly long, and my new black silk ones are perfect with my velvet shoes (there's enough room to see the detail of the shoe and also a bit of hose detail), but worn with flats they just look floody I've noticed :ninja: :doh:

Btw, this cufflink & buttonhole system sounds ingenious, but potentially uncomfortable & still a pain in the a**. We need something that can just be pulled on, stretch, and stay, and then be pushed back ... and all completely invisible, of course :lol: I'm kind of thinking of those room divider things? Just invisible :innocent:

I get 34 inch length pants to wear with my heels and 32 inch length pants to wear with my flat shoes :smile: I don't mix....

I designate certain pants and jeans to be ones to wear with heels, ones with flats, and I mark it on the tag inside. I go to the tailor with heels and flats for fittings. When your 5'1, you do what you can!

what do you write in the tag boho belle?...
just curious...^_^...

softgrey said:
so this is what i have done...
i have found three pairs of shoes...
2 pumps and one boot which all have the same heel height and all work with the width and style of the pant leg...
so i am hemmed the pant accordingly...

at least i will have options...^_^...
even if they are all very high heels...

:ninja:...

I am glad I am not the only one who has this thorn in her side.I am 161cm,all trousers need hemming.

I have loads of shoes fortunately,so I usually line up 2 or three pairs of shoes in a comfortable height (usually about 8 cm) ,and which suit the trousers.I choose the pair of shoes with the "most representative" height to wear to the tailor's for pinning :lol: .

For jeans and black pants,yes,I buy many different pairs for many different heel heights.

I must admit that trousers to wear with flats don't really feature in my wardrobe.I don't have much in the way of legs.:lol:

And while I don't mind "trouser pooling" with jeans or cords or certain hardy wide-leg pants,I do NOT want my dress pants dragging on the filthy pavements of Rotterdam:yuk: .

This means that I am sometimes doomed to wearing my trousers with heels when I really don't feel like it...

i see so many people these days who don't even bother to hem their pants...
they are either runway samples they have borrowed and they are dragging all over or they just don't know or care how to hem...

such a mess...
:doh:

Lately I have been having my pants hemmed so that they just clear the floor in the back when I'm wearing flats, and a break in the front. I feel this works fairly well with both flats and heels. Before I would have them hemmed to work with one or the other, but I got tired of that, it was limiting ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->