Getting the skinny on white pants

pinkpolo

Reaction score
White pants, now more than ever, seem to be popular during warmer weather. They look refreshing and great with a tan. I want to buy a pair but am worried that white pants make us look bigger. I'm thinking about getting pants that could be worn during the night too for a more polished look. I thought I'd start this thread so we could share any advice on what to look for when buying and wearing white pants including jeans, bermudas, capris. What types of material, length, style of white pants will look good on most people? Also, which tops will look best with white pants? How should they be washed to maintain their color? Much appreciated, bisous! :heart:

Well white trousers can make you look bigger. Although you want skinny ones, slightly baggy linen trousers won't hug too much and make you bigger. If you do go for plain straight legged linen trousers (which i suggest for the temperature) then you can be more extravagant up top. If you are heavier down below, then you should try halter-neck (sp?) tops as they take attention from the lower half of the body.

I have a great pair of calvin klein white jeans. They're pretty slim and they're flattering on me.

I wish that i could pull of the Chelsea Girl white jeans but i just dont think i could. H&M did some real nice ones if you are on a budget, other wise D&G if you wanna splurge.

i have some skinny d&g white jeans with crazy rips all over. the trick for me is making it not seem as if you area miami transplant (no vibrant colors). if you g for all white, you'll look like you are attending the toni & guy academy. darker blues, greys, and black is what ive been doing with mine.

I know this is an old topic but I need help choosing which pants are the best for me!

I'm 5'9.5 and a size 4...I tend to be a little self concious about my legs (I'm athletic with a bum:blush:) and I would wear the pants with super high wedge heels in the summer...

Palazzo Pant

Linen Pant

Marisa Fit Bootcut

Kate Foot Bootcut

source: http://victoriassecret.com/

Be very careful, though. It's all about getting the perfect pair that flatters you. Nothing else you wear is going to help, IMO.

Definately don't get linen, the wrinkles will make your hips look bigger (like whiskers on jeans). Unless they're non-wrinkle linen, if that even exists.
Slim fitting white jeans should be fine, especially with a longer shirt.

All about the cut. And I agree about the linen. I actually find a wideleg white pant to be more flattering that skinny or slim legs..

I had the perfect pair of white pants from Theory...I decided to dry clean it before wearing it since it was a little dirty from the store...BIG MISTAKE...the pants developed some kinds of a weird yellow patch on the knee...it looks like someone peed on it...although I still wear it sometimes as the color of the stain is not very noticeable...it's still very disappointing...

i agree about the linen too, LilyBird i'd get the first pants

another vote against linen too. i would go with #1. wide legged white pants are more flattering and flow better than hip hugging types. since the bottom is roomier, you can pair it with a fitted top or tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->