Henry Hopper

Mchunu

Reaction score
He's the late Dennis Hopper's son..and I know that he's done some small time acting jobs and we will be seeing more acting jobs in the near future. Hope it's okay we make a thread for him..? :blush: :flower:

From Interview Magazine:

Henry Hopper
By Michael Martin
Ph: Mark Segal

Henry Hopper is Dennis Hopper’s son, one of the stars of Gus Van Sant’s next film and, perhaps unsurprisingly, a refugee from artschool. The 19-year-old Los Angeles native studied painting and sculpture at the infamously hippie CalArts for a year before dropping out and fleeing to Berlin to make films and art with friends. “I sort of fell out with the idea of art school,” says Hopper, who eventually made his way back to Venice, California, where he now resides. Hopper didn’t totally indulge in CalArt’s unofficial clothing-optional policy while there, but admits to a proclivity for skinny-dipping: “The pool was the most clothing-optional,” he says. “I may or may not have taken a nice sunbath every other day.” At 14, Hopper started taking weekend acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in Los Angeles as a way of “keeping out of trouble”; at 16, he was spotted by an agent in a play and has spent the last three years turning down various TV and film projects. “I ended up saying no to a lot of things because there aren’t that many inspiring parts for young people,” he says. “We often get squandered, doing stuff like Disney Channel and all that bull****.”

In Van Sant’s next film, Restless, Hopper plays a teenage social misfit whose parents die in a car accident. “It handles death from a young person’s perspective,” he says, “which I feel is very rare.” The elder Hopper has been supportive at each step. “I’ve learned almost everything I know about acting from my dad,” says Henry. “We just have a very honest relationship.” He also relates his father’s best piece of advice: “Be cool.”

Photo: Henry Hopper in Los Angeles, February 2010. Vest: Levi’s. T-shirt: Diesel Black Gold. Bracelet: Hopper’s own. hair products: kérastase, including crème nutri-sculpt. Fragrance: Fuel for Life by Diesel. Styling: Moses/Margaret Maldonado Agency. Hair: Maranda for Kérastase Paris/www.themagnetagency.com. Makeup: Darlene Jacobs/Frank Reps. Special Thanks: Siren Studios.
interviewmagazine.com

He looks so much like his father! :o
Restless trailer. I like him with Mia, cute pairing ^_^

I cannot wait for this movie, it looks so good! I love Gus Van SAnt, it woould be such a great tribute to his late Dad if his career blew up.

Latest obsession :heart::heart:

Promoting Restless in Cannes yesterday

Henry+Hopper+Restless+Premiere+64th+Annual+YoZG-a9hV_Dl.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Restless+Premiere+64th+Annual+5te-JHstGCpl.jpg

Henry+Hopper+Restless+Premiere+64th+Annual+pEn28yXsid7l.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Restless+Premiere+64th+Annual+t8CA4-9VoUyl.jpg

Henry+Hopper+Restless+Dinner+64th+Annual+Cannes+ivxcf25R_rSl.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Restless+Dinner+64th+Annual+Cannes+axGazzR7-Vpl.jpg

zimbio.com

The legendary actor, director and artist Dennis Hopper got to see his 20 year old son, Henry, make his film debut. Henry told me last night that Dennis was able to watch a rough cut of him in Gus van Sant’s “Restless” before he died last year. Dennis could only have been proud of Henry, who really is made into a star in van Sant’s film, which premiered last night in Cannes. “Restless” is sort of like “Harold and Maude” meets “Love Story.”

For van Sant, it’s a real indie love story that will connect strongly with young people, I think. Mia Wasoskowska, of “Kids Are All Right” fame, is a knockout. Schuyler Fisk, daughter of Sissy Spacek, is terrific. But thanks to van Sant, Henry Hopper’s first film ever is a star turn. The blonde, blue eyed young man resembles closely his father Dennis and his mom, actress Katherine La Nasa, who proudly accompanied Henry to the “Restless” premiere.

So what next? Henry tells me that he’s done some art installation work on pieces curated by James Franco. Like Franco, he’s also into art and into exploring all aspects of entertainment. “It took him a month to agree to make this film,” his manager, Ilene Feldman, told me last night. “He may never do anything again, or take off like a rocket. It’s all up to him.”

“Restless” will be launched this fall from the Toronto Film Festival.

PS “Restless” is produced by Bryce Dallas Howard, following in the footsteps of her father,Ron Howard. She did a great job. More on Bryce later today….
showbiz411.com

114146210.jpg
114146214.jpg

114146640.jpg
114146291z.jpg

gettyimages.com

Crazy chemistry between him and Mia... wish they were dating hehehe

Ok. I'm crazy-restraining order-obsessed with Henry, he's soooooo adorable! :wub:
He looks amazing in Restless, cant' wait to see the movie.

I'm so in love with this particular look. The wrinkled suit and pants, the overall shape :wub:

Henry+Hooper+Restless+Photocall+fyUMwyT3dHpl.jpg
Henry+Hooper+Restless+Photocall+1JfbnM4GXAkl.jpg

Henry+Hooper+Restless+Photocall+acAp1tT7n5Il.jpg

Henry+Hopper+Restless+Photocall+tQ7TLt7TdHjl.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Restless+Photocall+2QkUK03nC4el.jpg

Henry+Hopper+Restless+Photocall+Y4AWZhh5Jjil.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Restless+Photocall+ynGdE1S6vxyl.jpg

zimbio.com

WOW, i'm loving his photo call look with no tie!! It's kinda rockin' my world right now! HEre are some more random pics. I love his style, very different from most men I think. The pic with the callalilly is from his father's funeral I think.

81141376.jpg
11314962w650.jpg
x610mj.jpg
lastcallhenryhoppervart.jpg
6a00d8341c630a53ef014e8.jpg
6a00d8341c630a53ef014e8n.jpg

LA Times/LIFE/daylife/details/

Last edited by a moderator:
US ELLE JANUARY 2011

Far And Away

Henry Hopper & Mia Wasikowska

storemags

Actor Henry Hopper (L) and actress Mia Wasikowska attend "The Tree Of Life" premiere during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 16, 2011 in Cannes, France. - zimbio

Henry+Hopper+Tree+Life+Premiere+64th+Annual+zL8vZQvOxXxl.jpg
Henry+Hopper+Tree+Life+Premiere+64th+Annual+CuSXxMg_k-rl.jpg

Henry+Hopper+Tree+Life+Premiere+64th+Annual+DLAnNX7ERrEl.jpg

I thought my laptop was dusty, but I just realized that his suit is sparkly :lol:

He's so cute. They have to date each other. Or I'm going to Cannes to do some convincing. :shifty:

Love the suit, by the way.

I'm rooting for them too :shifty:

Although on the latest pics, they look like brother and sister :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->