Here come the band jackets!

I love the military/band jacket too! I fear that it will become a fad sooner or later seeing that such jackets have been featured on so many blogs...
I have a really toned down black version of the jacket from Zara, but the entire trimming is done in black too- black buttons, black chiffon trims, etc. It's gorgeous, but I would really like one similar to the Balmain one!

... I have a really toned down black version of the jacket from Zara, but the entire trimming is done in black too- black buttons, black chiffon trims, etc. It's gorgeous, but I would really like one similar to the Balmain one!

I think toned-down is the best way to go with this trend. Something that doesn't scream "Look at me! I'm wearing a band jacket!" Monochrome with subtle textured accents would be my choice. :heart: :D

sq6o03.jpg

source: lookbook.nu

^^ That jacket is pretty but in general I prefer the Band jacket when its worn casually an undone.

When its buttoned-up, it looks a little try-hard and pretentious, no?

^ I think it depends. If the jacket is more loosely inspired by band/military jackets, like with more restrained braiding and piping in a monochrome color (all black is a pretty chic look) buttoned up could work.

But in general I agree, it needs to be worn with the same attitude as a denim jacket or something, just thrown on really casually.

I like the way it looks "dressed up" like Jane, seaofshoes.com, wore. Pretty sure hers is unbuttoned, btw.

I remember these were really big what, a few years ago? Except more "military" than "band".. not as accented. Just a mandarin collar, round buttons, shoulder straps. I'd like a more accented one in a pastel color.. MM!

I have a cropped red Ralph Lauren Collection band jacket. Actually it might be ore military because as haute_femme put it, my jacket is
not as accented. Just a mandarin collar, round buttons, shoulder straps.

It's currently my favpiece in my closet :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
any guy ones?
where can we find these in local stores?

spotted in paris, london, barcelona ages ago ... i even think it's dead now ... all the teen-rock-parisian-band wore that like in 2006 ....

so even if you live in le trou du cul du monde i guess you can find some !
:innocent:

I just got a vest that looks similar to the balmain ones at Target, and am actually wearing it now. I love it!!!

I bought a jacket like this a few weeks ago! I absolutely love it! Its fun to play around with different looks, some looks go really well and others make me look like I'm a Tzar's guard from 1920s, especially if I wear them with riding style boots!

What are your favourite things to pair them with?

i love this trend! my fav is Balmain's!

snowinmoscow- dark blue jeans and a white tshirt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->