Hermes Gloves

faust

Reaction score
I am entertaining an idea of getting a pair of Hermes gloves for my birthday with all the money that I'll get (+some). I'm really not sure, because I don't really know the prices, the styles, etc. - I just know that Hermes quality is supreme and I'm tired of buying cheap leather gloves once a season that fall apart after I touch the snow (yes, I want to play snowballs in my leather gloves dammit!!!!).
Do Hermes gloves ever go on sale? Feel free to post any info and pictures.

Thank you

Faust

the cashmere gloves are really reasonable...depending on the length they won't cost you more than a few hundred.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 25 2004, 01:01 PM
the cashmere gloves are really reasonable...depending on the length they won't cost you more than a few hundred.
[snapback]344958[/snapback]​

Bah! Hermes = leather! :P

What color are you planning on getting?....I'd probably go for black but I'm boring that way.

Originally posted by Spike413@Aug 25 2004, 02:06 PM
What color are you planning on getting?....I'd probably go for black but I'm boring that way.
[snapback]345047[/snapback]​

me too :lol:

I want Hermes gloves :crush:

I had a pair of orange leather driving gloves, and I used to wear them soo much, people used to ask me if they were Hermes :ninja: of course, they were from a thrift store for $10...they're destroyed now, and I definitely will not be getting enough dough to buy some Hermes... but I can go back to that thrift store and find another pair :lol:

Fausty!

Good news, Hermes sample sale this week. And, yes, they should have gloves there!

What: Hermès
When: 8/26-8/28; Thurs. 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri. & Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Alliance Française, 55 East 59th Street, between Park and Madison Avenues, Tinker Auditorium (212-759-7585).

it's better if i don't know these things... :ninja: ....

oh dear....

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 25 2004, 11:20 PM
it's better if i don't know these things... :ninja: ....

oh dear....
[snapback]345525[/snapback]​

Don't bother resisting!

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 25 2004, 10:25 PM
Don't bother resisting!
[snapback]345532[/snapback]​

there is no way i am going... :shock: :innocent:

Hermes has some great gloves.... Besides getting fantastic leather, you can also get some really interesting hardware, like Collier de Chien or a Kelly-like closure.. at the end of the glove...You could even get something specially made for you, if you want to get that creative. Good luck finding a pair you like...

what I saw at the store was about $800...
I think Patagonia is right for playing snowballs.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 25 2004, 10:17 PM
Fausty!

Good news, Hermes sample sale this week. And, yes, they should have gloves there!

What: Hermès
When: 8/26-8/28; Thurs. 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Fri. & Sat. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Alliance Française, 55 East 59th Street, between Park and Madison Avenues, Tinker Auditorium (212-759-7585).
[snapback]345519[/snapback]​

FCUK!!!!!!!!!! I have to go. It'll be madness. Softie, would you like to join me?

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by runner@Aug 26 2004, 09:15 AM
[snapback]345910[/snapback]​

$800! No, thanks, I'd rather go to Paris :lol:

Originally posted by runner@Aug 26 2004, 09:15 AM
[snapback]345910[/snapback]​

i agree with that...leather does not do well with snow...you need a different type of glove for that...

:flower:

I suggest Boon of Antwerp for men's gloves. As well as la Crasia.

Dunhill makes a mean glove as well.

I saw Dries green gloves.
not sure whether faust wears anything green.

i'd like a pair of leather fitted driving gloves also. faust what'd you end up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->