Hobo bags – fad or timeless icon?

Umm Zain

Info warrior/technophile
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Your opinions please…:flower::flower::flower: Is the hobo style in handbags just a fad or a timeless fashion icon? I ask because I’m considering purchasing a VERY new Salvatore Ferragamo hobo design. The large version (I don’t know the exact dimensions) of this style is definitely much less structured than most other Ferragamo bags and is soft, flexible, contours the body and feels very comfortable. It has a zip top closure and two small zipper pockets on the lower left front of the bag and they all have leather tassels. There is also a small version with only one zipper pocket on the front, but it’s the large bag I’m interested in. I saw it at the Ferragamo store in Atlanta yesterday and they said it’s only been out for one week. Anyway, this will be my first very high-end handbag purchase and I want it to be something I can wear for years to come :D. Thanks for your input!
[/FONT]

IMO, the hobo can be timeless... but it really depends on the treatment and design that is put into the silhouette.

Right now, slouchy bags are in.... but handbags are getting more and more structured (ex: Chanel's 2.55, the novak, etc)

But then again.. timeless and classic are in the eye of the beholder.. you can't just depend on what the editors at Vogue or Elle are saying.

If you feel that the bag would be timeless, get it... why not?

I'd love to see a pic of the bag in question. :smile:

lol it depends on wat kind of bag it is bat im rly not shr
i wona see n then i can tel u :smile:

:kiss:

Thank you Luna :flower:. I have been searching EVERYwhere for a picture of this bag, but I think it may be too new. The Ferragamo store said they just got it about a week ago straight from their trunk show and I saw the same bag at Saks and Neimans where they told me the same thing, so I don't know... It's really very pretty and has a nice kind of simple slouch, if that is a way to describe something :wink:. It has minimal gold tone hardware and I saw it in black, taupe and a really beautiful mustard color, which is the color I think I'd like to have. Anyway, I can't find a picture anywhere so I may have to take one with my cell phone and post it that way... Let me keep looking though.

Thanks to you too Brian :flower:. This is driving me nuts! I can't believe there's no picture anywhere... Okay, I'll just have to go to the store and take one. :rolleyes:

^ Please do :wink: !!

It really depends on the design of the hobo..at the end of the day, what matters is that you love your bag and don't let anyone else tell you how to define your own style! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->