• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hong Kong Stars Style

meiyanfang_20031105.jpg
0314.jpg

xin_38bc7e4c36144e5b918326f37889c7f6.jpg
100099414.jpg

Xinhuanet
Anita Mui in Christian Dior

anitamuinet.com
0327.jpg

0324.jpg
100099417.jpg

concert-03hk8.jpg
100099431.jpg

These are just costumes and formal wear...

which is okay, but I'd rather see them in some candids, because this doesn't really show their "style" per se...

but I agree, some of the HK celebrities have great style.. Hilary Tsui is a great example.

at least we see some people wearing unwearble dior.:woot:
Actually Dior is wearble without those make ups and embellishment

I'm pretty amazed by Kelly's silver Dior Couture Gown
an almost similar version in green was worn by Charlize Theron in Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
couturefemme said:
actually, anita mui died of pneumonia, one of the complications due to her long fight with OVARIAN cancer.
she truly was a style icon. and that voice of hers! simply gorgeous.
and back to the topic at hand, i love the hong kong style! all the stars are always so cute and of the moment.
thought this thread needed a bump. ^_^
Really loved Anita Mui; RIP. She died at a quite young age, too, only 40. I miss her and her music and her performances.

On to happier things:
I quite love the HK style as well. I'm going back for a visit next summer (first time since SARS!) so I can't wait to see what's going on there now. (Thankfully, HK cinema is kind of rebounding, so that's a good thing!)

Pics of Cecilia Cheung (i'm not familiar with her work; I'm just a really big Faye Wong fan and found out that, um, Nick Tse was dating both of them at the same time. But Cecilia is now married to Nick. And Faye is happily married to another actor. For anyone who cares, lol.) She's a quarter British too, and very cute.

(asianfanatics.net)

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with HK stars is that they lack elegance and sophistication. They really like brand names. Everything's about 'cute'.

Street_a_Licious said:
Anyone of you knows anything about the diet or "body shaping" institutes which are like masses in HK? The HK magazines are OVERFLOODED with those ads, and it "does" seem a little bit weird that all those actreses and singers are SO thin afterwards.... you think its real?

Speaking of that, they have like those ad play on bus (they put the tv in the bus) like every few mintue.... it is definitely a torture, esp when the result and tactic is like old :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bumping up this amazing thread,
if anyone got any pics, please post them.

Especially Faye Wong. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->